Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Item Properties

2 posters

Go down

Custom Item Properties Empty Custom Item Properties

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:00 pm

I was glancing over the list, and noticed some changes in the voucher item FAQs. Used to state that Asis clerics and Rangor clerics could get heal and harm respectively if they had 12 levels in cleric. Now the property is flat out banned. Does that include the clerics of said patron gods?

Also, are the regular cure spells and healing circle now open to any character? I forget if the cure line was diety restricted, but I could have sworn that healing circle was.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Custom Item Properties Empty Re: Custom Item Properties

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:14 am

I removed those spells from the custom voucher list simply because

I have no way of checking to see if a character really is a level 12+ cleric of Asis or Ragnor (without copying the character file, opening it in Leto, then checking both class levels and deity, which takes a lot of time with all the custom items I get in my email (like the ones I just got last night/this morning from one player Custom Item Properties Icon_rolleyes Razz) ),

and it leaves open the exploit of "play a character, add 12 levels of cleric, get custom item with a limited spell, use re-level scales to get rid of cleric and take classes I really wanted anyway".

Plus, in all the time I'd had them available like that, nobody had actually added them to their custom items (probably since the only people that would really want those limited spells on an item were the one's that didn't qualify anyway).

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff I have to think about with those re-level scales in the game. I still need to fix them to account for the RDD ability exploit/bug.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com