Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Rune Erasing Please?

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: Rune Erasing Please? Empty Not Used: Rune Erasing Please?

Post by Kalipuppy Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:28 pm

[Jan 12, 2010] I'd like to suggest a new rune-making option to "erase" a rune (such as "rune erase").

I want this option so I can erase those persistent "invisible" runes, you know. . . the runes that no longer provide their benefit but inhibit a new rune from being painted. A beneficial, painted rune becomes a persistent "invisible" rune whenever a player either . . . (i) rests or (ii) logs off/on . . . prior to the rune's 24 hr elapse timer. I fear the second case may even require a server reset (I'm writing this while it's in affect).

I know what you're probably thinking, "Kalipuppy is probably failing to paint the rune and doesn't realize it because the message is ambiguously worded". However, let me reassure you this is probably not the case. I say this because (a) it's been over 24 hrs since I logged the rune-making time, (b) I'm speaking in the Common tongue, (c) I'm familar with this rune, (d) I logged off/on while the rune was in affect, (e) the item upon which I'm trying to paint the rune show no temporary rune property, (f) I'm failing 6 times in a row (I'm typically successful 95% of the time - so 6 consecutive failures would be 1 in 63,999,999 chance to occur), (g) it's successful on a new, unpainted item.

Besides, it could happen that one paints the wrong rune, or simply wants to change the rune for some reason, prior to its 24 hr duration. IMHO, we should let the player erase all the runes they want. Not Used: Rune Erasing Please? Icon_smile
Kalipuppy
Kalipuppy
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 27
Main Character : Cellador Delorian - Elven Male [Rogue/Wizard/ArcaneArcher]
NWN Username : kalipuppy
Time Zone : \"GMT - 5:00\"
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Rune Erasing Please? Empty Re: Not Used: Rune Erasing Please?

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:03 pm

an excellent suggestion, Kalipuppy - if we can paint them, we should be able to unpaint them!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:03 pm

/agree
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Rune Erasing Please? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down