Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Shops...

4 posters

Go down

Not Used: Shops... Empty Not Used: Shops...

Post by Kefrem Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:36 pm

This is a sort of reply to the *all things magical* above...i cant remember if we have it here...but on my other server we had the option of making our own vendors. If you owned a home you could make a vendor with a chat line command and a generic vendor would appear. The person could then thru targeting and conversation clik on things in thier inventory and put it up for sale.

Now for dropped loot its cool..but my intention was for those folks who enjoy the item naming/item description category. A wizzy could say make a unique item thru casting/crafting...then name it (either a cool name or after himself) and give it a description then put it up for sale. This would allow characters to make a so called *name* for themselves by having thier stuff start showing up in aenea.

For myself(iggy) it would be fun to be an actual crafter like i did for folks when i played....you could even display prices for say...item appearance crafting...and so on. Now i know this would prob require an indepth script...and resources are at a limit these days...but Not Used: Shops... 787378 is the patron diety of mod script construction Razz and i think he can work his magick.

What ya all think? am i a daft old wizard or does this hold some merit.(knowing myself...there already is this in aenea and im just daft and out of touch with things lol)
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Shops... Empty Re: Not Used: Shops...

Post by RustyDios Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 pm

It sounds brilliant... there are some things already on the vault for "persistant player owned shops" .... an idea here and here ... ... if anyone can do this then The Amethyst Dragon can ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Not Used: Shops... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:15 pm

Been playing around on arborfalls where they have player owned shops, and it works very nicely. They're using the system from Rusty's second link.

This could be a VERY nice addition for Aenea. I'm certain a number of higher level characters would open shops in the leaf market for example, that sell some goodies lowbies would find very handy (rings with -/5 fire/frost resistance, +1 weapons, ect.

Since they're persistent too, it would be better than when a character sells goods to a regular merchant... after a reset, those items are gone, and other players can't go buy them if they wish.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:29 pm

Variety is always a plus in my book, and it would make the leaf market more appealing of an area to be frequented ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down