Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Rolling a 1...

Go down

Not Used: Rolling a 1... Empty Not Used: Rolling a 1...

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:55 pm

I was talking to someone about how I was just drowned by a water elemental (forgot that water breathing gave immunity til AFTER the fact...) and they brought up an interesting point...

If you outstrip the DC of something so drastically, you should need to roll worse than just a 5% roll to fail... especially for death effects..

It was stated that if you outstrip a DC, naturally, by 20, you should need 2 rolls of a 1 rather than one... however, I'd go asfar to say that if you naturally outstrip the DC by 10, that might be reasonable to apply, because naturally outstripping even a DC of 20 practically requires speciallized stats/equipment for that saving throw type...

Note: I personally wouldn't apply this to spells. Most of the time, you aren't spammed by lethal, let alone even remotely damaging, spells enough to be worthwhile, but there are enough effects out there that are more than just annoying extra damage to be worth mentioning this as far as I'm concerned.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26