Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

semi classes

5 posters

Go down

semi classes Empty semi classes

Post by Kefrem Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Where is the section on allthe semi classes in aenea....spyder is 40 now...i been considering a semi class...but no clue which one...shes a ranger15/assassin15/shadowdancer10.

Any suggestions?
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

semi classes Empty Re: semi classes

Post by Lyme_gg Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:21 pm

I usually just hit the search button and manually look for em. I dont think they are all stickied in the faq area.

hmm. and spyder beinga dex based char? dont think there's a super match for him though at this time.
the warhulk will help out in melee combat though.
Lyme_gg
Lyme_gg
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 67
Main Character : Nataku
Other Character : Kank
Registration date : 2010-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 am

yea thats the issue i been having...its all thats left for her/him to do..but theres not really a dex based one that will work.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:35 am

warhulk is good for dexers, too... just not quite as good as it is for STR based characters.

5 levels of warhulk will still get you a sweet attack bonus when you channel, not to mention the temp hitpoints and str enhancement (on top of the perm str boost) which will help with damage output in most situations.

Dead stalker is another decent choice if you find you enjoy battling undead, or even if you struggle against undead.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : semi classes Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:47 am

Temp HP seems broken for me

Last edited by evilkittenofdoom on Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 am; edited 1 time in total
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:55 am

ive tried searchin for the threads but all i find is dead stalker,werewolf and war hulk...i wanted to view thier abilities before i made a choice.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:19 am

Master of the Menagerie

War Hulk

Dead Stalker

Werewolf

Those are the only semi-classes at current. Note there is an update I posted to the Warhulk thread from a poll that was conducted, info is here.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:39 am

OKay.. this information is as acurate as I could gather, I'm not saying it's all correct (I know war hulks in particular have been tweeked since I gathered this list)... however this is the list I normally refer to when deciding on a semi-class....

Dead Stalkers Guild Bulletin wrote:
Dead Stalker
Semi-Class

Dead Stalkers have learned to channel positive energy in order to harm undead creatures. This energy can be used both to attack undead and to defend against the powers of some undead.

Prerequisites:
Character Level 10+
Non-Vampire
Undead Kill Kount 500+ (Use "info kk")

After meeting the prerequisites, a PC can go to and seek the Nightbane master. The PC gains 1 XP in his new semi-class. To actually become a 1st level Dead Stalker, he or she must then invest real XP (10,000) in the semi-class. Be sure to check "sc help" in the VC command system for more info on commands.

This semi-class makes use of "Power Points" based on the PC's Charisma modifier. These points are used up as powers are used, and they renew when the PC sleeps.

Benefits:

Level 1:
Power Points: Charisma modifier x 4
Turn Undead (2 points) - The ability to turn the undead as if a good cleric of level (Dead Stalker level x 3). In addition, if a cleric or paladin, can add Dead Stalker levels to cleric/paladin levels for normal undead turning.

Level 2:
Power Points: Charisma modifier x 6
Immunity - Immune to level and ability draining.
Dead Reaver (3 points) - Imbue a held melee weapon with positive energy for a short time (1 minute/level) that inflicts 2d6 extra damage/hit.

Level 3:
Power Points: Charisma modifier x 8
Immunity - Immune to fear.
Light Strike (5 points) - Launch a beam of light at a single undead creature, inflicting positive energy damage (2d6/level) on a successful ranged touch attack.

Level 4:
Power Points: Charisma modifier x 10
Dead Stop (10 points) - Paralyze undead within a large radius for 1/level + 1 rounds if they fail a Will save.

Level 5:
Power Points: Charisma modifier x 12
Disruption Wave (25 points) - Undead in a large radius must make a Fortitude save. Success means they suffer 10d6 positive energy damage, while failure means 500 points of positive energy damage.

Minutes of the Zoo Keepers Annual Gathering wrote:
Master of the Menagerie
Semi-Class

Masters of the Menagerie have secret knowledge of a form of magic that enables them to capture other creatures, storing them in some sort of "other space", then summoning them back as minions at a later time.

Prerequisites:
Character Level 10+

After meeting the prerequisites, a PC can search around for the Master Zoo Keeper that will introduce them to the "secret" skills for capturing creatures. Once the proper person is found and the PC agrees to become a Master of the Menagerie, the PC gains 1 XP in his new semi-class. To actually become a 1st level Master of the Menagerie, he or she must then invest real XP (10,000) in the semi-class. Be sure to check sc help in the VC command system for more info on commands.

The Master of the Menagerie is able to capture up to 5 creatures at any one time. Such creatures can be held for any length of time, but can only be released as minions once.

To capture a creature, there are several requirements:
- Target creature must be wounded to 25% or less of its maximum health (near death).
- Target creature cannot be a summoned creature, familiar, henchman, PC, or DM. (~or assigned horse~)

If the requirements are met, the target creature needs to be selected with the Tool: Select feat and the Master of the Menagerie needs to enter the VC command sc catch.

A "test of wills" then takes place, pitting the Master of the Menagerie's force of will ((MotM level x 2) + Charisma modifier + Wisdom modifier + 1d20) against the target creature's will (Hit Dice + Charisma modifier + Wisdom modifier + 1d20). If the Master of the Menagerie's will is stronger, the creature vanishes and will be ready to summon at any later time with the sc release x command (where x is the numbered slot used by the creature, see sc mmlist).

When summoned, the creatures remain for up to 12 hours.

The racial types of creatures that can be captured increase with the Master of the Menagerie's level. Later levels include the possibilities from the previous levels.

Level 1:
Animal, Beast, Ooze, Vermin

Level 2:
Magical Beast, Giant, Humanoid (goblinoid, monstrous, orc, reptilian)

Level 3:
Elemental, Shapechanger, Fey, Outsider

Level 4:
Aberration, Construct, Undead

Level 5:
Dragon

Poster advertising training for the Sunglory Gladitorial Training program wrote:
War Hulk
Semi-Class

War hulks are strong beings that have learned to channel their physical power in ways that increase their abilities in battle.

Prerequisites:
Character Level 10

After meeting the prerequisites, a PC can search around for Maximus, so that he can introduce them to the "secret" for channeling inner power for war. Once the proper person is found and the PC agrees to become a War Hulk, the PC gains 1 XP in his new semi-class. To actually become a 1st level War Hulk, he or she must then invest real XP (10,000) in the semi-class. Be sure to check "sc help" in the VC command system for more info on commands.

This semi-class makes use of "Power Points" based on the PC's Strength modifier. These points are used up as powers are used, and they renew when the PC sleeps.

Benefits:

1st level: +1 Str (permanent bonus)
3rd level: +1 Str (permanent bonus)(~+2 in total~)
5th level: +2 Str (permanent bonus)(~+4 in total~)

Channel Power:
Temporary enhancement bonus to Str and temporary attack bonus for 1 minute at a time (+1 Str/+2 Att per WH level), with slightly increased power point cost per use.

A song about the children of Sharlo wrote:
Werewolf
Semi-Class

There are stories of unlucky people that have been cursed with lycanthropy, forced to transform into a hungry and dangerous beast when one or both of the moons is full.

The stories are true.

However, through proper training and practice, such a person can learn to control his or her curse and turn it into an advantage. Such is the case of those that gain the Werewolf Semi-Class.

Prerequisites:
Character Level 10+
Infected by a werewolf's bite

While in normal form, the Werewolf can begin the change simply by using the VC command sc change. This change also happens when one or more full moons rise. Returning to normal form is a matter of time, at least until the Werewolf gains full mastery at 5th level.

Making the change to werewolf form costs Semi-Class "power points", and this cost increases with each level (while the maximum number of points also increases). More points are gained with a higher Constitution, and you need at least a 14 Constitution to be able to initiate voluntary changes to that form.

Level 1 Werewolf:
Claws: 1d3
Bite: 1d6
Natural Armor: 5
Str, Dex, Con: 18
Int, Wis: -6 penalty
Duration of Change: 10 hours
Cost: 8 points

Level 2 Werewolf:
Claws: 1d4
Natural Armor: 6
Str, Dex, Con: 20
Int, Wis: -4 penalty
Duration of Change: 8 hours
Cost: 12 points

Level 3 Werewolf:
Claws: 1d6
Natural Armor: 7
Str, Dex, Con: 22
Int, Wis: -4 penalty
Duration of Change: 4 hours
Cost: 16 points

Level 4 Werewolf:
Claws: 1d8
Natural Armor: 8
Str, Dex, Con: 24
Int, Wis: -2 penalty
Duration of Change: 2 hours
Cost: 20 points

Level 5 Werewolf:
Claws: 1d10
Bite: 1d10
Natural Armor: 9
Str, Dex, Con: 26
Regeneration: 2/round
Movement Speed: 50% increase
Duration of Change: 24 hours (Can change back at will, just right-click PC and select "Cancel Polymorph")
Cost: 24 points

Hope that helps in your choice of semi-classes.... .... ((and is likely the most comprehensive list on the web-page thus far)) ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:42 am

sadly none of those fit spyder Sad all are magely or warriory....warhulk maybe. I'll just wait and maybe ad will fit in a dex based type of semi class.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 am

You dont have to wait without taking a semi-class. You can take one now, and then if another option is added later that you want to persue, a Dm can remove your original semi-class.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down