Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for some ideas/reference images

4 posters

Go down

Looking for some ideas/reference images Empty Looking for some ideas/reference images

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:51 am

- Whereas the original Aenea potion bottles have 22 votes (and are close to the goal of 25), and

- Whereas it has been more than five years since new potion icons have been introduced to Aenea, and

- Whereas The Amethyst Dragon can never have just one project going on at a time... Looking for some ideas/reference images Icon_rolleyes

Ok, I can't keep going with this sort of formalized wordage. Razz

I'm making some new potion icons for Aenea. So far I've got 33 new potion bottle "bottoms", some new and updated "middles" and "tops", and even a set of coordinated tops and middles (blank bottom, 10 colors of each, for 100 potential potion appearances).
Looking for some ideas/reference images Potion10

I want to do more. Looking for some ideas/reference images Icon_biggrin So...anyone have any ideas for potion icon parts, or links to reference images on the web? The images would have to look pretty good shrunk down to 32x64 pixels (32x40 for the main bottle part).

*The Amethyst Dragon heads off to work on stuff for this weekend's NWCon adventure. *
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Looking for some ideas/reference images Empty Re: Looking for some ideas/reference images

Post by RustyDios Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:15 pm

How about potion bottoms that looks like the spell icons ... therefore a potion of "Cats Grace" could look like an embossed glass bottle with the Cats Grace Icon... something along the lines of this .... Looking for some ideas/reference images Bottle10
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Looking for some ideas/reference images Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Looking for some ideas/reference images Empty Re: Looking for some ideas/reference images

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:35 pm

RustyDios wrote:How about potion bottoms that looks like the spell icons ... therefore a potion of "Cats Grace" could look like an embossed glass bottle with the Cats Grace Icon...
Interesting idea. I like it. Maybe a series of "labeled" bottles that use the scroll images...I'll have to see what looks good and pick and choose exactly which spell icons to use (and reserve icon space open for future additional spells).

At the moment, I've only got 35 open "bottom part" spots, but about 150 "top" and 130 "middle" part spaces left. There's a limit of 245 of any particular icon part.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:10 pm

That's why I stay here! The Amethyst Dragon never sleeps!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Eric of Atrophy wrote:That's why I stay here! The Amethyst Dragon never sleeps!
I really do sleep. Just not nearly as much as I should. Last night I got about 4 hours of shut-eye. Looking for some ideas/reference images Sleep
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:15 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:

At the moment, I've only got 35 open "bottom part" spots, but about 150 "top" and 130 "middle" part spaces left. There's a limit of 245 of any particular icon part.

How is it that scrolls take the scroll icon for whatever spell they mimic... ??... Maybe a similar thing can be done to potion bottles, so that, a Cat's Grace potion has the spell/scroll icon overlaid onto whatever icon parts you have chosen for the "bottle, neck and stopper".. .. so that you can design your bottle, then when you put the spell into it, you literally "put the spell into it" ... ??

Is it possible, using careful spacing, that a middle/top part can be lined up "as though it was" a bottom part, akin to how some of the bottom rod parts wrap around the whole thing ? Thus increasing the amount of available "bottle" slots ?

And with only 35 spaces left open, if taking this route, may I suggest the Self Buff spells (Bulls Strength, Cats grace etc etc), and other "common used Aenea bottles" .. though I'm not sure what classes as common; possibly the Asis/Cure bottles, Torgat's Will (True Strike), Mental Immunity (looking like the Immunity Icon/ Clarity), True Sight (True Seeing/ See Invis), Armour of Death, Armour of Protective Plants (Flora's Razorleaf Shield)... ((I know that each of my PC's in particular carry a horde of these bottles with them when they can))
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Spell scrolls are a different type of item. There isn't a limit on the number of spell scroll icons. They're controlled by the iprp_spells.2da file, rather than strictly baseitems.2da.

Yes, I am working on opening additional "space" by using the layering properties of the 3-part icons. I've got a blank "bottom" icon as of yesterday, and I'll be doing the same with the middle and top layers so that I can use one or two layers if I wish. That potion in the teaser on the right is made up of just top and middle layers with a blank bottom layer.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:09 pm

Potion icons that have the spell icon right on them?

Hawt.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:12 pm

I see nothing but winnage in this thread! Yum yum gimmie some! Laughing
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down