Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: 6/10/08

3 posters

Go down

Partially Used: 6/10/08 Empty Partially Used: 6/10/08

Post by daveyeisley Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:11 am

Favor of Lysis - would benefit from the same effect we discussed for the gift of zolaras token, a short period of invulnerability...

Arkon the Wolf's XP storage - I used this the other evening to preserve my XP should I die, so that any lost XP would be put onto XP debt, rather than reducing my total and taking me farther from my next level. Boy, did I get it wrong... Arkon took 10% of my total directly all at once... and this reduced me to the level below the one I was working on... I actually lost a level from it. My suggestion is that when a player banks XP with Arkon, the amount they bank should be added to their XP debt, rather than deducted from their total directly, so they dont "lose" a level from doing so, but rather, the debt would steadily pay itself off, down to the amount they need to maintain their current level, and the rest would remain as debt.

Would be cool/interesting to be able to purchase or earn tokens that would start off by performing the
function:

`dm_givelevel -1

then the token script would destroy the token that was used, and create a new token in inventory that would
be usable to perform:

`dm_givelevel

and then this new token would be destroyed once used.

This would allow a player to collect enough tokens to go back and "re-level" themself for a previous level or levels that they made choices or decisions they are unhappy about (without needing to just make a new character altogether). They wouldnt gain any more Xp than they had, indeed they would probably lose any progress towards the next level they were working on (so it would behoove them
to use a bit of foresight as to when they would use the tokens).
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Partially Used: 6/10/08 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: 6/10/08 Empty Re: Partially Used: 6/10/08

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:51 pm

I was spending my time working out the bug that got into the Ethereal Chest system, so now I'm looking at these...

daveyeisley wrote:Favor of Lysis - would benefit from the same effect we discussed for the gift of zolaras token, a short period of invulnerability...
Next update Smile

daveyeisley wrote:Arkon the Wolf's XP storage - I used this the other evening to preserve my XP should I die, so that any lost XP would be put onto XP debt, rather than reducing my total and taking me farther from my next level. Boy, did I get it wrong... Arkon took 10% of my total directly all at once... and this reduced me to the level below the one I was working on... I actually lost a level from it. My suggestion is that when a player banks XP with Arkon, the amount they bank should be added to their XP debt, rather than deducted from their total directly, so they dont "lose" a level from doing so, but rather, the debt would steadily pay itself off, down to the amount they need to maintain their current level, and the rest would remain as debt.
A nice idea, but one I won't be using. Right now, there are a couple of items in the game that give you a level (and they erase your current XP Debt to do it). Doing this would open an exploit that would allow someone to bank a lot of XP, racking up a big XP Debt, then use one of these items to basically double their XP.

daveyeisley wrote:... "re-level" ....
A good idea. The only scripting challenge would be to make sure it takes subraces and XP Debt into consideration. So this one will take a while to implement.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:34 am

hi.. any update on the re-level thingi.. I recall emailing you a script that would strip a character down to first level and then give them excatly how much xp they had to start with (thus including subrace penalties and xp debt they have accurred/ pay'd off).. this means the character has to re-build from scratch level one but thats the price of doing the re-level.. i could look at this script again and see if i can make it take only a single level..((at whatever the level the PC is at)) take some weight off your shoulders.. Smile
Thanks..
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Partially Used: 6/10/08 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:53 am

Finally getting back to some of these suggestions...

RustyDios, thanks for the offer to help script, but for now I'm keeping that job for myself so that I can strictly control all aspects of the game's scripts so they play nicely together.

I'm planning to have a re-leveling option, but it's going to take some work so those with subraced don't get shafted by paying the XP penalties twice.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com