Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin

2 posters

Go down

May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin Empty May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat May 21, 2011 10:45 am

There's a new aeneahak_updates.hak file available, and with it begins a couple minor visual changes.

Soon: Poison Icons:

These will become 3-part items like potions, with much more visual variety than just a simple tiny green vial with a skull on top. I'll be starting work on these in the next couple days.

Soon: Plant Critters:

With the new topiary guardian models, I'm going to be adding some plant creatures to encounters and to the summons lists for druids.

Today: Soulfire Warriors:

As of now, if you have the updated hak, you'll find that your soulfire warrior's armor and sword will look a bit different if your character is not good-aligned. Neutral soulfire warriors will be going green, while evil ones will shift to red.

Today: DM Icons:

DMs will find that I've updated the various DM Tool/Feat icons (replacing the old ones) to go with the updated functions.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin Empty Re: May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat May 21, 2011 5:35 pm

Nice! Red soulfire gear for my demented Axel.

question... will the eye glow be tweaked too? Axel has a red sword and armor now, but his eyes still glow blue.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin Empty Re: May 21, 2011: Minor Visual Changes Begin

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat May 21, 2011 6:14 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:Nice! Red soulfire gear for my demented Axel.

question... will the eye glow be tweaked too? Axel has a red sword and armor now, but his eyes still glow blue.
Ah, I missed that. Thanks. That'll get changed too.

The only things that won't get the rgb differentiation will be initial "hand up to start calling" visual, since that's defined in the spells.2da file rather than in the script, and the class and feat icons.

Edited: Haha. Seems I actually thought of this about three weeks ago and coded it. Just forgot to uncomment the new code so that it would function when I did the same for the spellfire blade and armor script. Rolling Eyes
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Another small detail I noticed a while ago... evil soulfire gear (forget if it's the sword or the armor) has blue light on it, not red.  Not sure about neutral soulfire gear, as I don't ahve any neutral SFW's
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down