Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Lucrative Deal]

3 posters

Go down

[Lucrative Deal] Empty [Lucrative Deal]

Post by Angel of Death Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:21 am

I can't help but think that the Mayor's assistant was a professional con man before he settled down in the Vale and became the Mayor's, well, assistant. . .seeing as he always offers a (what appears like) promising deal with inexperienced adventurers to run gather him some rare (and expensive) elven wine for the reward of 1200 gold pieces...

...when in reality, that wine costs about 500gp per bottle in the nearby elven town. >.>

Suggestion: Maybe up the reward a little, or lower the price on the wine? Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

[Lucrative Deal] Empty Re: [Lucrative Deal]

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:54 am

Maybe...

On one hand yeah it's a huge profit.

On the other, starting out in aenea can be very rough, and the trip to get the wine can be very hairy... especially if you head out on the wrong night, it can be a howling experience... Wink
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm

No, what he is saying is, for a new guy, not great charisma and no appraise skill, and no traders aid, the wine costs more than you get in reward! As I remember, it cost me around 300gp more.

But once you bite the bullet and go on the the other quests that open up by finishing this one, you get that and more back.
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
. : [Lucrative Deal] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:08 pm

Skywatcher wrote:No, what he is saying is, for a new guy, not great charisma and no appraise skill, and no traders aid, the wine costs more than you get in reward! As I remember, it cost me around 300gp more...

Jep, that's what I meant...although, my current low level PC has a average charisma (10 or 12) and appraise (6) and it still cost me way more to get the wine (~500gp per bottle x 6 = 3000gp) than the promised reward was (1200gp). You lose 1800gp on that quest compared with the reward... pirat

Sure, I know now how to get money somewhat easily, since I have explored the world. But I clearly remember how it was a real pain to gain money when I first started out on Aenea. 1800gp was A LOT of money.

Completely Off Topic! Looks like I gained a rank in the hierarchy; I'm an Aenean Scholar now. cheers sunny
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down