Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Subrace traits customization

Go down

Not Used: Subrace traits customization Empty Not Used: Subrace traits customization

Post by Lasombra Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:54 am

Adding an option for changing the colour of wings would be great for those characters who want to have a consistent look or are going for something specific RP-wise. There are different types of bird and demon wings present in NWN + CEP and I believe being able to choose would add greatly to the experience of playing winged subraces - not only look-wise: some winged would definitely benefit from their wings being stable(colour of wings having to do with a genetic illness, curse, being the result of an accident or a battle etc.), while some demonspawns from having them more malleable(they are, after all, supposed to be that way more-so than other races) or more in line with the before-mentioned RP-reasons if one doesn't plan on changing skin/tattoo/hair colour later. Also, there are many kinds of demons and its only logical their children would inherit their traits instead of some totally unrelated folk - unless, ya know, the mother has had a wild night Wink 
That goes for the Demon:SkinColours, though; seeing as the other two demon wings are kinda magical-looking, maybe putting the restriction of being an epic spellcaster(or and ascended char?) would be a good idea.

Which brings me to the second idea - an option to choose one permanent demonspawn trait: whether for free or at the cost of one of the other two never, or rarely, showing up. Also an option to just disable one - both options mutually exclusive so there's still some randomness. This would be basically to reflect demonspawn having their wings, tails, or even horns cut off due to persecution.

If those RP and aesthetic reasons aren't enough, what about ascended epic spellcaster demonspawn? Isn't that enough power to be able to alter the chances of traits showing up or at least them not being visible to the common folk? I mean, an epic spellcaster who likes to remain secretive or has their goals in the realm of people probably wouldn't find it very fitting, nor beneficial, to shout at everyone "Hey! I'm a demon!" wherever they go Razz
And since NPCs speak to demonspawns per "human", that would make for more consistency too!

For that purpose, a spell/potion/item to hide racial features - either long- or short-term - would be nice too for lower level chars.
Lasombra
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down