Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug

5 posters

Go down

Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug Empty Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug

Post by daveyeisley Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:52 pm

The Spell Opportunist feat will be an Excellent replacement for his dinky Expertise feat (A True Archmage does not Melee, Melee is for ruffians who cannot master the Clever Craft Razz)

To do this, Crid will need at least one set of relevel scales, and I am betting I will miss something on my first try (his build is a teensy bit complex), so probably a second set too.

Once the relevel is all squared away and he gets his feat, I will need help fixing the issue he has with every relevel he does, because of that stupid bug from years ago with the 'Advanced Concentration Techniques' book that makes his concentration go into the negatives.... I will need a DM to give him a big INT bump for one level so he can take the extra skill points and use them to correct the defecit.

Whenever somebody has time, I will see about trying to be online this weekend.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug Empty Re: Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:32 pm

We're getting internets back this Friday at some point, and I may have the new machine up and running by then ... no promises, but I'll do my best to help ya out, yo! Welcome back, dave!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug Empty Re: Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug

Post by Ramana Jala Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:38 am

Crid's apprentice Ranara took the Spell Opportunist feat, still haven't explored it very much yet tho.  [BTW, she reached Level 40 last week! cheers]

daveyeisley wrote:... that stupid bug from years ago with the 'Advanced Concentration Techniques' book that makes his concentration go into the negatives...
I'm thinking about a relevel with her sometime, and now this has me concerned.  So will any toon that used an Advanced Concentration book, have a bug with relevel?
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:23 pm

Not any character, no.

The bug occurred a loooong time ago when The Amethyst Dragon first implemented letoscript edits for various items and such... He updated the advanced concentration tome along with all the attribute tomes, etc... And for a very short period before the bug was discovered, reported, and subsequently squished, characters with very high concentration skill who used the concentration tome got a bad Leto edit... And it made the skill wonky so that on relevel the character's concentration skill would go into the negatives and they would have to spend a ton of skill points just to get a positive score again.

I was able to develop a DM workaround by using DM console commands to temporarily increase the character's intelligence before a single level up in order to grant enough extra skill points to balance out the negative... Unfortunately, this is not a permanent fix and needs to be repeated at each relevel.

Last edited by daveyeisley on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Crid needs some scales and a DM present to help with Concentration bug Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:45 pm

Now that I'm back in Aenea after a loooong time away, a few of my A-Teamers would like some scales too in order to grab the new feats/spells available Smile (offhand, Alice, Aerith, Alastair, Audrey, and Abigail... gotta go through to see who else would likely take the opportunist/dashing and daring feats) Not sure if Aerith would need the DM assist for concentration bug fix or not
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm

MJ, I'm assuming you've been sorted? If not, let me know when you would like to meet up and I'll help out.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 459
Main Character : Fren Hilg
Other Character : Isk Mool
Other Character: Remi Ferrand
NWN Username : odbo255
DM Name : Dungeon Master Beowulf
Time Zone : PT
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://member.acm.org/~jtwburton

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 am

I may have one or two A-teamers who need some assistance, but not sure when I'll have time for aenea any time soon.  Between firefighter training, work, and medical issues, I been short on free time lately :/
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down