Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days?

2 posters

Go down

My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days? Empty My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days?

Post by Drgnwlkr Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:21 pm

I just tried to login to Aenea and couldn't because my cd keys were already in us. It did show 1 player on the game but I haven't been on in a few days. Not sure what this means.

Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 180
Main Character : Elladyr the Pathfinder
Other Character : Arauka'dae the Ghost
Other Character. : Adahi Ditlihi, Knight of Dalix
Other Character.. : Aradia the Warblade
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days? Empty Re: My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days?

Post by daveyeisley Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:44 pm

Nobody is logged in now, maybe try again?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days? Empty Re: My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days?

Post by Drgnwlkr Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:14 pm

I just tried with no one listed as being on and was able to go completely into the game. Thanks for your response Dave. Not sure why that happened yesterday though.

Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 180
Main Character : Elladyr the Pathfinder
Other Character : Arauka'dae the Ghost
Other Character. : Adahi Ditlihi, Knight of Dalix
Other Character.. : Aradia the Warblade
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 pm

Only way I know that happens is with copies of NWN from services such as Gog which provide installers packaged with 'generic' CD keys by default. When two people log on with the game installed from such a source, they have the same keys and the second person's login is rejected. I know Gog customer service can provide personalized, private CD keys that can be entered in the NWCDkey.ini to fix the problem as long as your account on the Aenea server has slots open (up to 5 CD keys total) for a new key.

If you have definitively unique CD keys and still have problems, then The Amethyst Dragon might be able to figure out where the conflict is.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
. : My CD key is in use yet I've not been on the game in a few days? Forum_donor

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Other much less likely (ie. remote) possibility.... your keys got duplicated or stolen/published/shared with some other community and another person haplessly used them.... but I highly doubt it.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down