Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things

+3
daveyeisley
Kefrem
solarina
7 posters

Go down

Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things Empty Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things

Post by solarina Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:43 am

Ok been hunting gobo's , bandits and skeli's my neut char shifted to good ( half of that happened by the way because was partyed with someone who was many zones ( transitions / areas ) away and i still took the faction / alignment hits. Ok no problem can deal with said faction hits so go around killing civilians ( peasants ) and gaurds and farmers cows en mass , im talking mass sluaghter for two days .... not one faction / alignment hit to shift me back to neut or towards evil..... massivly unfair cant afford no temple alignment shift and killing the number of farmers wifes , cows and gaurds and kittens ect should have done the trick ( the valorion vales starting areas )
solarina
solarina
banned

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things Empty Re: Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things

Post by Kefrem Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:00 am

Yea this has been a little stone in my shoe for sometime as well. Spyders background is shes an assassin who turned her skills to killing those that deserve it, kinda like daredevil with the whole *bringing justice to those who have none* thing.

Yet i find myself takin hits for murdering goblins and such. i know it would be considered a good deed by the citizens of the vale...but spyder kills the pathetic little things just to take thier money. She could care less whether its a good deed or not...they are just money bags for her.

I can see for finishing quests for the mayor and such being good deeds...but killin a nameless kobold 27 miles from town 2 miles down in a cave where noone can see the deed shouldnt.. imho of course.

If ya need some coin to shift your alignment back shoot a tell to ignatius and i can bum ya some coin to fix it..all OOC of course but i feel your pain. I have had to shift my alignment every single time i need to level cause my NE alignment has become LG from killin bandits for coin so i can buy my home.

You can kill buffalo to get evil hits...still tryin to figure that one out. i cant remember where they are but you can ask around on that one.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things Empty Re: Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things

Post by solarina Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 am

yeah but point being it should have reverted via killing the farmers and gaurds and didnt and I cant take my presitge class at all till it goes back to at least nuet Sad
solarina
solarina
banned

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:59 am

The automated alignment shifts can be troublesome, yes. The problem I see with them is that they are totally unable to take circumstances into account... such as a character's reason for doing something.

If a character kills for selfish reasons, that is not a good act...

If a character kills to save another's life, that is a good act...

If a character kills to protect thier own life, that is a neutral act...

But the way it works now... you get a shift based on what you kill.... not why you killed it... a tabletop DM would be able to make better judgements...

But this is the whole reason The Amethyst Dragon put the Cosmic Balance in. There is a price, but it can be fixed.

The alignment shifts for being in a Party sort of make sense (with the caveat that the character's reason should make a difference)... BUT.... I agree they should only happen for party members in the same area.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Partially Used: aligenment hits + no good hits vs certin things Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by solarina Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:00 am

i think the system itself is Ok but aligment hits should be added to things liek killing town folks , gaurds , pets , domestic animals ect so low levels can fix the aligment shift ( most gold ive had at one time 600 ish ) the natural way via killing.

If killing put you into the mess it should have a way to get you out of it and not one or three random things like bulls worldwide Smile

logicaly if my char murdered half a town and the outskirts the alignment shift shoulda happened... at least to a degree.

did find one npc i can kill for alignment hits but killing her is not favorably viewed by other chars but realy anit got npo choice but to.
solarina
solarina
banned

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:05 pm

Alignment shifts have been in the back of my mind for a month or so now, since even I'm not 100% satisfied with the way the current system works. I've just had other things higher up on my list of scripting work.

There will be a change, and I think it will pan out nicely once I've got it finalized and implemented.

Moving to Suggestions section, since it's currently working and not a bug.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:49 pm

good deal...heh if i had the money i spent on shifting spyders alignment back to an NE bent so i can take assassin levels...id have had her a house long ago Razz

Nice to see a change comin Smile
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:59 pm

That's the nice thing about Aenea - continuous improvement! Thanks, The Amethyst Dragon!
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by solarina Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:06 pm

I hope i didnt sound mean Smile i like all the features here , its just fustarting being low level without access to the gold needed to fix alignment hehe every single thing ive killed has shifted me towards lawfull good with the eception of killing the town gaurds hehe.
solarina
solarina
banned

Back to top Go down

Post by noofus76 Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Yes indeed. It is as if you are penalized via gold and exp if you play anything except lawful good. You always end up lawful good anyway, so every level.......good bye exp and gold. Glad a change is coming.
noofus76
noofus76
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 27
Main Character : Avernus Ember
NWN Username : noofus76
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-10-13

http://www.myspace.com/noofus

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Meh, I find I'm always at chaotic good myself.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down