Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians

4 posters

Go down

Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians Empty Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians

Post by mighty moomin Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:35 am

Couple of ideas for discussion:

As a Paladin, Azrael automatically follows Dalix. His "favour" is an armour bonus, but it is not stackable so is pointless as it does not do anything. Could divine intervention not be stackable?? Same would apply to Torgat I assume.

Also Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians 787378 mentioned the possiblity of altering barbarian rage to allow it to go over the +12 cap. After all what barbarian won't have some +STR items??!!!
mighty moomin
mighty moomin
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 227
Main Character : The Gninja
Time Zone : GMT (UK)
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Back to top Go down

Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians Empty Re: Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians

Post by Svair Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:23 pm

As both a player of a Paladin and a Barbarian, I like these ideas.

"Favor of Dalix" can be useful at lower levels before a PC can find/purchase an item that confers the same AC bonus. After that, this Favor seems to be only a reminder that your god is thinking of you.

I personally think that the Barbarian Rage ability and feats are sub-optimal choices for most PCs, and am taking them only for 'flavor' character reasons.

Mighty Rage has a steep prerequisites in my opinion (21 Str and Con) for getting a +8 Str/Con bonus. Most of this bonus is lost (my PC only gets +4 to those abilities as he already has gear which provides +8 to them). I could get a relatively low-cost custom item that could cast Bull's Str and Endurance for the same effect while saving a feat.

Additionally, starting up Mighty Rage seems to take a full action (instead of a 'free action') AND I then have to take my cursor and move it over the PC and click on the character for Mighty Rage to start (lots of fun when I'm suffering from low fps).

All this as a separate Rage (no combining it with the base Rage) for limited times a day.

Terrifying Rage is a different story Very Happy . Though it's effectiveness is limited (it only works in encounters that I could already easily handle - what's up with the Orc "Kill-Melee'rs-Quick" Destroyers change to being immune to Fear now?). It combines with the base Rage ability, and while it only effects creatures for 1d3 rds), it's fun to hear Bandit's cry out "I need help" when you run up to them.

I guess there is more I could mention, but I think that it's been covered in other threads. Bottom line, except for +40 base HPs and skill points, a Fighter with their additional feats is not missing out on anything by not being able to Rage.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians Empty Re: Outdated: Favour of Dalix & raging barbarians

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:36 pm

I think I saw The Amethyst Dragon say in a post somewhere that the favor of Dalix isn't just an AC bonus, but the same effects as Protection from Evil. I'm not 100% positive though.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by msterswrdsmn Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:42 pm

Protection from evil gives a +2 deflection AC bonus vs. evil, right?

As for the rage....its a good idea. Barb rage looses a lot of steam as you level up and get better items, as its still subjected to the +12 STR cap.

If the cap can't be adjusted for barb rage, an alternative way to fix this would be to change the STR bonus to an attack/damage bonus instead. This grants the same effects (minus carry weight) and is subjected to a much higher cap (+20 cap on AB).
msterswrdsmn
msterswrdsmn
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 103
Main Character : Sei
Registration date : 2008-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:06 am

Lock and move? This was made during the old deity favor system, and there's a newer barbarian love suggestion thread... Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down