Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts...

5 posters

Go down

Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Empty Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts...

Post by Kefrem Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:31 pm

Wizards familiar dagger from the League vendor.

I picked this up today from the vendor...and readied and and my eyes went Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Icon_eek then i noticed something....it gives bonus spells..but when you rest...it unreadys it so you lose the spells.

Maybe swap that option out with something more useful?

Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Dagger
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Empty Re: Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts...

Post by Enterprise2001 Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:52 am

Oh I know exactly what you mean. I have a necklace that gives a wisdom bonus, but I don't know if I want to use it yet, because I'm still using and looking for the portals, so every time I swap in the Amulet of the Wanderer, I'd loose the spells in the wisdom bonus slots. Kind of makes the amulet useless until I get another method of long distance transportation... Which really sucks because NOW is when I could really use those bonus spell slots. Crying or Very sad
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 187
Main Character : Liam Hillbender, pure epic druid
Time Zone : Eastern USA (GMT -05:00)
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Empty Re: Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts...

Post by daveyeisley Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:24 pm

Custom items with bonus wisdom in other gear slots are your friend Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Partially Used: Wizards familiar dagger thoughts... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:40 pm

A necessity even, I would think even. There's a cloak of charisma +6 and a amulet of wisdom +6, but no second items with the +6 bonus. Wizards get all the love with their rings and helms +6's :p
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenar Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:41 pm

there are +6 rings?!? where?? i've yet to see one!
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 112
Main Character : Sevenar
Other Character : Orson Cardoc
Other Character. : Father Tuck Frost
Other Character.. : Ender ShadowWeave
NWN Username : Miinstrel
Time Zone : Pacific (GMT - 8:00)
Registration date : 2008-11-18

http://www.RLTacapella.com

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:54 pm

Those +6 INT rings are VERY rare.

As for the charisma, there are amulets that can boost it. I believe I have also seen armor/helms that can boost CHA.

For Wis, there are amulets +6, and also shields/armor I believe.

If I am wrong and misremembering, I apologize.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Yes, there's rings of clearthought +6. Angelica has one. May have a few more, gotta see if there's anything left in the chest of epic packratness.

Not sure where I got them from, used to have 8 of them all in all between Alastair and Angelica.... Since they both hunt beholders, I would think I got the rings from them if you're not finding the rings in any shops.

edit*:

Yeah, there's amulets of pure evil/good, which boost both charisma and wisdom. They're only +4 on each though. The one armor I know of that boosts charisma is also alignment restricted Smile Still, it's not possible to get the full +12 with standard items for charisma and wisdom like it is for intelligence (two rings, one circlet of intellect, +4 each, you're good, or just two rings, or a ring and circlet of +6 if you find them.

As for the wizard's familiar, perhaps it could be changed to apply the bonus spell slots to the PC skin? I'm actually not familiar with the item, Kef only showed it to me the other day (and it won't work for sorcerers, Aurora tried), so I'm not sure if the item-swap happens every time you equip it, or just the first time you equip it and keep it in your inventory.... if the PC removes the dagger from his inventory, have the onunaquire script (forget it's exact name) remove the bonus slots.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Enterprise2001 Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:24 pm

daveyeisley wrote:Custom items with bonus wisdom in other gear slots are your friend Smile

Oh, yes, no doubt, but I've not been playing long enough to get any custom items. Sad But, if you feel like dropping a few + wis items that aren't amulets in my pack the next time you catch me on, by all means. Smile
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 187
Main Character : Liam Hillbender, pure epic druid
Time Zone : Eastern USA (GMT -05:00)
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:57 pm

Your first reward chest that offers a custom reward item voucher will be available after you have played only 8 hours Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:34 am

Heh...sev youll hate me...but iggy has 2 +6 rings hes picked up in his travels Razz as for the dagger....im not worried bout getting the extra slots....id just like to see it have some kind of beneficial effect. Like either maybe up the elemental dmgs on a few of em or maybe add something else like 1 or 2 spells usable 2 or so times of day...just something to replace that which isnt working.
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenar Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:44 am

Kefrem wrote:Heh...sev youll hate me...but iggy has 2 +6 rings hes picked up in his travels Razz

MannyJabrielle wrote:Not sure where I got them from, used to have 8 of them all in all between Alastair and Angelica....

I think Manny wins haha. Guess where I'm going to be spending all of my time until one drops once the server comes up?
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:33 am

Check the merchants after you see one of my people log off. They're all pretty much set item-item wise, so they sell off 99% of their loot, and if I find any more, they'll likely end up in a merchant's inventory.

Or Aurora could hold onto anymore she finds.... I'm sure she'd love to have Sev squirm over the thought of being indebted to her again Twisted Evil
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by sevenar Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:12 pm

she is such a bi...tter sorceress Wink

although i'm sure he would be willing to owe her another favor for a ring like that if she comes across anymore, i only need 4 more int right now to max out so anything helps
sevenar
sevenar
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down