Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon...

4 posters

Go down

A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon... Empty A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon...

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:41 pm

A rather plain piece of parchment, with a noticeable mug-stain on the lower corner, hangs by a bent nail on the upper reaches of the board. The hand-writing is fluid, and clear, although there is an overly dramatic flourish on several of the capital letters. It reads as follows:

Travelers and Adventurers of the roads! Have a few treasures which you are unfamiliar with? Perhaps a trophy with some enchantment you cannot decipher? Or perhaps Miss Blackrose is offering you prices which make you think her surname is really Blackheart?

Then seek out one Alastair Synge. Lover of lore, Headman of Haggling, and diviner of dubious drinks! You'll know him by his blue cloak, and his snowy white hair. Oft found in taverns or mucking through some cave or walking down any given road.

Always happy to help a fellow adventurer know their loot, and get the best prices for their wares, remember the name Synge.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon... Empty Re: A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon...

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:03 am

*the response posted with a simple thumb tack is penned in a tight, efficient script, and the script seems totally out of character with the actual words written... as if it were dictation taken from somebody who was illiterate*

Me sometime got stuff wit big magic. Me not know what it do, so me gonna come find you when me gots stuff like dat. - Gorekhan
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon... Empty Re: A "Bard's Services Available" notice on the bulliten board of the Sleeping Dragon...

Post by Myd-Nyt Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 pm

A bard says ye, sounds good says me.

Now I ain't gonna claim to have met every durn magic identifier wut ever dirtied the soles of their boots trudging across this here land.

But I've met enough to know that a lot of them are in cahoots with one another.

They smile as they take yer hard earned gold and then, cheery as a rum soaked sailor, announce that the item could not be identified. (but keep yer gold anyways)

Well enough is enough.

The gold is yers lad if ye can do the deed.

Just keep yer singin' to a minimum . . .

Last edited by Myd-Nyt on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Myd-Nyt
Myd-Nyt
Player with Too Much Time
Player with Too Much Time

Number of posts : 82
Main Character : Grog Ale-Quaffer
Time Zone : GMT (-5:00 hrs)
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:58 pm

A smaller clip of paper is pinned below the other notes, adorned with a fanciful sketch of a bandit hanging from a tree, his tongue hanging out and his eyes askew. The writing, as ever fluid, with perhaps a little too much flourish than needed reads:

A Bard and a bandit are two different breeds,
And this Bard's word is bond,
In this life and that beyond;
But Bandits! May those charlatans hang for their deeds!
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Amilmar Te'fenocen Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:08 pm

Another note is pinned to the wall with an arrow, and reads in small, tight script:

I frequently come across items that are beyond my power to identify. I look forward to the day our paths meet. - Amilmar Te'fenocen
Amilmar Te'fenocen
Amilmar Te'fenocen
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 34
Main Character : Amilmar Te'fenocen
Other Character : Pizzic Starlic
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down