Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I can fly?

3 posters

Go down

I can fly? Empty I can fly?

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:43 pm

Yes, PCs can have the ability to fly in Aenea. This power can come from taking on the winged subrace, by using a special spellbook, by using a magical item (wings of flying or a cloak of the bat), or after reincarnating/ascending (ok, this last one is currently bugged).

Flight is restricted to areas that are both above ground and outdoors (where there's lots of space to fly up and over things). Flying tires a PC, and this is represented by minor damage being inflicted with each flight. Flight is from point to point in the same area.

This is a very powerful ability that can move a PC quickly over barriers, enemies, and distances.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

I can fly? Empty Re: I can fly?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:12 pm

I've found in my many wanderings of Aenea, when shadow-jumping* has failed me, that the cloak of the bat has come in very useful.. if you're scaling mountains, or want to cross forests, or just simply "jump" large, deep rivers (rather then take the bridge!), I like to crouch down low, look out far across to my destination, don my winged cloak and spring into the sky one of the best means of fast overland travel availiable to me. It is so much quicker then walking and has often allowed me to land subtly to the entrance of a cave just at the break of that damn dawn, that the cloak has saved my life often more times then my wraithblades, for a little effort and concentration on my part. I'd like to thank the mage that help enchant it for a wonderful addition to this glorious world.

~ Jay Braysin, wandering shadow of Aenea

* Shadow Jumping does not actually exist in Aenea ((to my knowledge anyway - though I do think it should be added for a certain subrace/class combo, namely shadowchildren shadowdancers , if there is anyone in Aenea that should have something like that it would be the "masters" of shadow")), ... .. but it is the name I have given for when Jay (a shadowdancing shadowchild ranger-rogue) uses the transference spell (usually by activation of his Amulet of the Wandering Shadow)... For RP purposes I attempt to make all my "exits" within areas of shadow, and Jay's amulet is almost a TRUE Aenean artifact, in terms of it's outdated age and it's abilities.. .. .. I plan on getting it's stats in MJ's artifact thread one-day... but for now I'll still leave it's exact properties a little mystery..
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:10 pm

Aww, RustyDios, you can still post the amulet, but leave the properties out... Xp
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:21 pm

Did the flight ability for reincarnated/ascended characters ever get fixed? Inquiring minds want to know!
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
. : I can fly? Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:00 pm

Skywatcher wrote:Did the flight ability for reincarnated/ascended characters ever get fixed? Inquiring minds want to know!
Check your radial menu and feat list for "Tool: Flight". It's a general purpose flight ability for the reincarnated/ascended, winged subraces, and anyone else that has gained wings.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com