Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used: Shadowslayer XP

5 posters

Go down

Used: Shadowslayer XP Empty Used: Shadowslayer XP

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:22 pm

I just had a VERY frustrating encounter with vampire shadowslayers.

What made it frustrated was not how easily they could kill me, despite my 62 buffed AC, nearly 500HP + stoneskin buffer, even with guzzling down 20+ full heal potions (which is farking expensive!).... but that all that extreme risk, they're worth a piddly 143 XP for my level 27 character. The encounter I had with them yesterday, I couldn't even kill one, I was dead pretty much the isntant I opened the coffin, today I was lucky just to kill a couple it seems. I get four times that amount from massive bladeworms who don't pose even quarter of the risk. Shadowslayers need a serious upgrade to payout to reflect how absolutely deadly those sneak-attacking little wenches are.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Used: Shadowslayer XP Empty Re: Used: Shadowslayer XP

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Gotta say, Manny is correct on this one. In my DM escapades, most massive field battles with epic level PCs, there is not much you can throw at such a party that will have a oslid chance of killing the PCs... without resorting to dracoliches and beholders...

Vamp shadowslayers make that list if the PCs are not crit immune. It may take 2 or more of them to be *really* nasty, but by the time most pcs can even find any of them, said PC is high enuff level to spawn 4 of them Razz

So yeah... I think shadowslayers should be giving a good 400-500xp while a PC is in the high 20's.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Used: Shadowslayer XP Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:44 pm

And from Jay .. amen ....

They are the nasty filthy little wenches, sl*t's of the vampire world.... and the reason and basis behind my "vampire vs. shadowchild Aene war"... anyone that's got me in my RP mood this is where I take them, to kill off the evil little b*tches... (even better if Jay AND a "willing" DM are on-line a the same time -- the last "vampire purge random event" was with MJ in the Gravelight city, and the collected party handled pretty much everything untill the waves of shadowslayers came) Smile...

They desrve to give more xp at all levels.. even at 40th, they still give Jay a hard time unless his panther companion Celia is with him to flank them first...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:49 pm

They're definintely among the top 3 spawns I'll use when I'm running an epic level slugfest. The other two being the mentioned dracoliches and beholders, and due to beholders being touch-attack terrors, they're a special case... dracoliches and shadowslayers are the top two. Even the vampire elder isn't as nasty O_o
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:They're definintely among the top 3 spawns I'll use when I'm running an epic level slugfest. The other two being the mentioned dracoliches and beholders, and due to beholders being touch-attack terrors, they're a special case... dracoliches and shadowslayers are the top two. Even the vampire elder isn't as nasty O_o

The elder is nasty, but youre right... shadowslayers are better offensively against any PC except one that is crit immune.

The elders are MUCH tougher, and have some good spells if the PC doesnt have the right gear/immunities.... but overall the elders just can't/don't dish out the damage the shadowlsayers can.

Even if a PC is crit immune, a few shadowslayers can still drop a heavy beatdown on them.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RayvenNightkind Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:16 am

Indeed, they are probly the only thing left (besides a select few pc's) that worry the higher up members of the Night Clan. Rayvensclaw has had his backside handed to him in a pretty ribbon more often then not against them nasty lil wenches. A xp boost would be very nice indeed.
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:21 pm

Boosting their CR, which should affect encounter spawns and awarded xp a bit.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com