Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Summon Ally

2 posters

Go down

Not Used: Summon Ally Empty Not Used: Summon Ally

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:20 pm

A post version of a spell tweak idea I tossed at The Amethyst Dragon earlier this week or last week...

Allow summon ally to be cast to summon party members who aren't necessarily "slotted" by the caster... say a character logs on and joins the group... instead of the caster of the group teleporting to the vale, slotting the new person, then teleporting back to the group, and then summoning new person, the caster can just select the person's portrait in the party list, and cast summon ally.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Summon Ally Empty Re: Not Used: Summon Ally

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Not going to use this suggestion. It sounds ok, but I prefer the way things are now with the spell...you have to have met the other character in person long enough to imprint your magic on them (aka ally set x) before you can teleport them to you from almost any distance at a later time...it's probably the reason I originally coded in the "be in the same area" limitation into the attuning (I looked, and it's been there since I first coded the summon ally spell).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com