Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player House. (General questions)

2 posters

Go down

using player build module - Player House. (General questions) Empty Player House. (General questions)

Post by Darius Khan Sat May 08, 2010 4:31 pm

500k for a player house... hmm... Sounds interesting. Let's just say for argument's sake I had 500k. (I don't... but it wouldn't take to long to get).

There doesn't really seem to be much in the way of information regarding this. Or at least not where I could find. Maybe I'm just no good at searching Neutral

So I'll ask a few quick questions.

Is there a limit to how many areas one can have inside their home? ie: Say I decided to build an upside down tower for example. (appears as a normal one story house outside, but spirals down into the earth)

Since it's built by the player in a module and sent to The Amethyst Dragon, is there anything I 'cannot' add? ie: scripts governing certain items. (I am aware an Etheral Chest is supposedly placed in the house, but say I wanted a butler that had a conversation, store, custom scripts etc, and added these things to the module/house myself, is that allowed?)

And finally, do I load up a specific module to build this house in? The custom item module would be rather obvious in this case, but it doesn't actually state anywhere that's what I'd use.
Darius Khan
Darius Khan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 18
Main Character : Rolan Blake
NWN Username : Darius Khan
Time Zone : GMT + 12
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

using player build module - Player House. (General questions) Empty Re: Player House. (General questions)

Post by RustyDios Sat May 08, 2010 6:31 pm

There IS a website with the details of the player house rules here and you will need the APBM from here ....

And in answer to your questions ...

...it's normally just ONE area with a 10x10 tile range.... you can fit an awful lot into a 10x10 "area"... using multiple doors/stairs to create a "tower-like experience"...

... At current the E-Chest function is slightly busted, it's on The Amethyst Dragon's list of stuff to fix but I don't think it has anywhere near top-priority ....

.... NPC's are great, you can have upto 10.. they can be random locals using the random local scripting ("Say it's Adventurer A, what a great fellow, thanks for keeping our lands safe")... but any custom conversations/stores/merchants/etc are going to use module resources, so possibly no.... ...

.. you can have an alter to your diety, that will work, amongst other things (such as a chest of foodstuffs or a bookcase of 10 blank scrolls ~ nothing game-breaking or loot expensive... it's your home, not a per-reset treasure generator!)....

To give you an idea of what CAN be done with a home... track down any of the following (of which would likely give you a "tour" of theirs) ::

Jay Braysin, Shouri Braysin, Grace Fularras, Valoriana Nailo or Tsetnoc Nowi (RustyDios ~ myself)

Crideas Bane (or any of daveyeisley PC's)
Alastair Synge, Aurora, Angelica[if hers is in yet!] (mannyjabrielle)
Sta'stillen Thriceblind (eric_of_Atrophy)
Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind, [any "Clan o' Night member"] (rayvensclaw_nightkind)
Ignatius Arkyn (kefrem ~ currently offline, but soon to be back!!)
Alundiao [I think that's how it's spelt! ~ Owner of the Kraken, you can actually walk around most of this one without a password]

And any number of other people with a house, I know I've missed some !!!

Hope that was helpful !!
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : using player build module - Player House. (General questions) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

using player build module - Player House. (General questions) Empty Re: Player House. (General questions)

Post by Darius Khan Sat May 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Very helpful, thanks muchly RustyDios Smile

I may have to take a looksie inside some of these houses one day, though I've already got a fair idea of what I'll do with mine.

So it's purely asthetic and for roleplaying quality, so I gather, suits me Smile

And to think how much money I'll save on Tavern Keys! Oh wait... 5 gold vs 500,000 gold Shocked
Darius Khan
Darius Khan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 18
Main Character : Rolan Blake
NWN Username : Darius Khan
Time Zone : GMT + 12
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down