Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sisters of Virtue

Go down

The Sisters of Virtue Empty The Sisters of Virtue

Post by Skywatcher Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:17 pm

The Journal of Skywatcher Stormcaller
Day 1

I am writing these events into my journal before they fade completely from memory. I woke up in this world I found to be called Aenea, remembering something different as being normal. I remember my name being Faith, and my Mother calling me and my sisters Hope and Charity her only Virtues. But they, like me, are cast adrift in the planes and have new, less propitious names.

It started soon after my mother died. I continued my studes of nature, and Hope obtained a position with the King's Guard as personal bodyguard to his daughter. Charity was apprenticed to the greatest of the White Tower. All was going well, when word came to me in the wilds from the palace Hope had received a message from the White Tower, and immediately took a leave from the Guard and disappeared. When I returned to the capitol, I also received a message from the White Tower. Charity had disappeared without a word or a trace from the Tower, and her master had requested Velvet's presence in secrecy, and mine when I could be found. I arrived at the White Tower to discover that the masters of the white tower had used obscure, ancient magics and Hope's connection to Charity to determine that Charity was far away, across the planes, entrapped by some ancient evil that the Tower had never encountered.

They could not divine a way to approach the plane she had entered, and had only a name......

Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
. : The Sisters of Virtue Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

The Sisters of Virtue Empty Re: The Sisters of Virtue

Post by Skywatcher Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 pm

Veleron. I have never heard the name, but the Magisters at the White tower said the planar being they forced the name out of whispered the name in great terror. The Magister’s reported Hope had disappeared into the planes hunting Charity two days gone. The Magister’s said she told them she would trust to Lysis and would send word to me when she knew where Charity was.
I went back to my room and began preparations for prayer and fasting. I began my regimen of meditation, praying to Gort for guidance. I thought I had fallen asleep, for I found myself walking through a valley, approaching a giant stone ring placed on end, with large gems studding it’s surface, and  a panel of some sort placed near it. Upon the panel was an amulet with the symbol of Gort. I placed the amulet upon my neck, and studied the control panel.  Some force began to activate the crystals set in the control panel, and when 7 crystals had been depressed, the portal began to glow. I approached the ring, and was suddenly drawn into the glowing golden light and stumbled into a dark meadow! The meadow contained a ring and control panel exactly similar as nearly as I could tell to the one I had approached.  Below, I could see the glow from buildings.  I began warily making my way toward the light, when I encountered an old man. After giving me either advice or directions,  I heard him say very quietly, so quietly I am still not sure if I imagined it, “Welcome Daughter”.
I approached the largest building at the bottom of the hill, a large inn from it’s appearance, and entered. The people were all friendly, but none had seen or heard of anyone named Hope or Charity, and no one matching their description had been found. I found a small amount of money in my pouch, and took a room for the night. When I awoke, I found my memories of my life fading, and I fear my prowess as both a fighter and a priestess has been leached from me. I carefully make sketches of both Hope and Charity, and write the best description of them I can in my journal. I remind myself that despair is lack of faith, and begin to take inventory. In addition to the small amount of gold in my pouch, I find a small sword and leather armor in my backpack. My Gort-blessed gear has not made the journey with me, I and my only recourse is to fasting and meditation to try and determine for what purpose Gort has brought me to this place.

Last edited by Skywatcher on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down

The Sisters of Virtue Empty Re: The Sisters of Virtue

Post by Skywatcher Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 pm

I have spent the past weeks exploring this world and learning of its’ people. I have rescued a child from goblins, cleared a farmers barn of monstrous ants, collected food and drink for a feast, found a lost noblewomans’ ring and collected ore for an elven smith. I have finally managed to collect enough equipment to survive in this world, but have made no progress towards finding my sisters. I have renamed myself Skywatcher Stormcaller based on a dream sent by Gort.  I have been to the cities of Mountainhome and Macedone, to the traders enclave known as Tradeholm, and to the Dwarven  city of Forge.  Nowhere has anyone seen or heard of my sisters. I have found the valley of the Wanderer, and been gifted with an amulet allowing me to use the Ring Portals I first encountered in my dreams.  But nowhere was there word!
I have however heard some rumors of an ancient evil in this land.  An evil named Veleron. I have some hope I am in the right place, and will continue my search.
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Back to top Go down