Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my!

2 posters

Go down

Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my! Empty Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my!

Post by Gwydion669 Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:00 am

Obviously a different system is used from the one I am more accustomed to seeing (the token and summoned animal routine).

I rather like the one used in Aenea. There is no dismissal into thin air. Tell your animal to stay outside the cave entrance and it will. Walk into a bar and it doesn't try to follow you in. It works, it's cool, it's got boxes!

But the critter and all your ill-gotten gains eventually go poof ....

I don't know squat about scripting, but maybe there's a workaround ... a way to combine the best of both systems.

The ethereal (?) boxes sold by the werewolf offer persistent storage. Perhaps stables could be rigged in the same way? Pay 10 gold to stable your animal and your items are transferred to the database. The character is given a receipt instead of a key. Handing in the receipt spawns the same animal left at the stable and stored items are returned to its inventory.

Due to Tetris inventory, all items on a fully loaded animal may not reappear, but a sign would say "Stable owners are not responsible for lost items."

Yes? No? Maybe?

Just a thought. And I tend to be fiercely proud of them since I have so few ....
Gwydion669
Gwydion669
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 29
Main Character : Gilion Fetter
Other Character : Maurice Chevalier
NWN Username : Gwydion669
Time Zone : GMT - 4:00, EST - US
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my! Empty Re: Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my!

Post by daveyeisley Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:37 pm

Gotta say it would be nice. I think it may have been touched on before, though.... couldn't hurt to revisit and hear what The Amethyst Dragon has to say, though.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my! Empty Re: Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my!

Post by Gwydion669 Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I did find a stable, and I remember seeing sumpt'in about it ... maybe on an "in this update" thread.

Can anybody give me a quick rundown on the what's and how's? Or maybe a link?

Sticking "stables" in the search box didn't come back with any hits.
Gwydion669
Gwydion669
Adventurer
Adventurer

Male Number of posts : 29
Main Character : Gilion Fetter
Other Character : Maurice Chevalier
NWN Username : Gwydion669
Time Zone : GMT - 4:00, EST - US
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:43 pm

From the VC commands guide found here:

;;horse help - help list for various horse-related commands
;;horse name xxxxxx - rename your horse (and store name for when dismounting)
;;horse emptybags - empty your horse's saddlebags into your inventory and take the saddlebags (DO THIS BEFORE STABLING)
;;horse stable in - when at a proper stable, this will stable your horse if you have at least 100 gp to pay for food and space
;;horse stable out - when at the same stable as before, this will bring out your horse for you

Saddlebags can be purchased at the entrance to Mountainholm Castle from Billy Mard.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Horses 'n Oxen 'n ... other critters. Oh, my! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down