Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?" Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override.

5 posters

Go down

"Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?"  Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override. Empty "Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?" Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override.

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 pm

Have you come across a mage in game who floats rather than walks? Very likely you've seen them. Have you seen one or two who look.... strange? As in their head and arms are NOT connected to their bodies?

The reason they look like that is because their armor has what is known as a "CEP robe" on it. These are robes from the CEP content. The "floating" thing is part of the "ACP (the fighting styles, see ;;style help in game for more info on how to use the fighting styles).

By default, the CEP robes and ACP styles do not play nice together. When you use a non-default fighting style, the robes won't always match up with your legs, heads and arms.

There is a fix however.

Go to the Aenea Homepge Downloads, and look for the CEP robes for ACP optional file. It's a 1MB download, very small. Download that file.

Now, that file is a "compressed" file, like a .zip file or a .rar file. You will need a program such as 7zip (click for the 7zip website. 7zip is free) to extract the contents of that compressed file.

Once you have finished extracting the contents of the file, all you need to do now is to move them from where-ever you extracted them into your NWN override folder. Once those files are all in your override, log into game, and you should see no more funny looking mages who's bodies look as if they're trying to get away from their heads!.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

"Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?"  Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override. Empty Re: "Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?" Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override.

Post by Eric of Atrophy Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 pm

You should move this to the overrides thread! Sorry I never posted it there ... I never, for whatever reason, used it until the other night ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

"Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?"  Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override. Empty Re: "Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?" Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override.

Post by Lauralai Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:53 pm

okay, so Kentleman 2 and i got bounced from the server today, at around 1:40p...so we decided to update the robes file, (so they didnt look disconbubulated), and now, although the server says its online, on the front page, we cant "find" it with our launchers, even though we have double checked the address...whats up, any one know?
Lauralai
Lauralai
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Female Number of posts : 142
Main Character : Ruby Wainwright
Other Character : Lucky Wabash
Other Character. : Lucky Wabasher
Other Character.. : Faerwether Thisleward

. : "Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?"  Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:58 pm

The server is down. The homepage's status doesn't seem to update when the server crashes.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:17 pm

The Amethyst Dragon has been contacted, hopefully he will get the head's up soon, and be in a position to investigate.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : "Hey, that floating mage looks all discombobulated and stuff!?"  Quick guide to the CEP/ACP Robes override. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 pm

Wasn't sure just where to post this, but I figured this was about as good a place as any for now; the Robe Fix doesn't seem to be working with the 'trenchcoat robes', at least as far as elves and halflings are concerned (haven't checked on others). For example, if I use the 'assassin' fighting style with a halfling in a trenchcoat, his torso becomes medium sized and (just the torso) switches to the 'horse-riding' pheno Razz
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Ra Cha,

As I understand it, some of the robes will not work, even with Manny's fix. He wasn't able to do all the models, or some such reason like that. Jane recently had to redesign a prized Chinese style dress because it would not cooperate with her floaty form ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:54 pm

The DLA long coats are a pain I haven't been able to figure out. The oriental ones, I *should* be able to fix those... the problem has been taking the time to poke through nwnexplorer to find which specific model I need to edit.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down