Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello!

4 posters

Go down

Hello! Empty Hello!

Post by UltraChicken Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:31 pm

New to this PW, Ancient to NWN PWs. I'm looking for an active RP-heavy server to replace the server on which i'm currently playing. Can someone give me a realistic average number of players per evening GMT-5 timezone? Smile I'm intrigued by the server and am wondering if it'll be active enough for quality rp.

UltraChicken
UltraChicken
Scout
Scout

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-14

Back to top Go down

Hello! Empty Re: Hello!

Post by daveyeisley Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Heya! Welcome to Aenea Smile

We aren't what I could call "RP-heavy", but we do encourage RP, we simply do not enforce it. I don't think we track average players per time slots, so I can't give you a number there.... maybe someone from that timezone or near it will be able to give a better idea.

I would say we get a few people on through a good portion of the day. Some days are quiet, other days we will have 10+ folks playing.

The main thing is, we want folks to play how they enjoy playing, whether it be RP or Hack'n'Slash or somewhere in between. We encourage folks to play how they see fit, so long as it does not interfere with other's ability to do likewise.

While we would love to have you with us, I am not sure can can promise you an RP-heavy experience. Some of our folks may be great for ya to really get into character with, others are hack'n'slashers who talk out-of-character lot.

Hope that is helpful for ya. Perhaps some other folks will be able to add more Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Hello! Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:50 pm

Welcome, UltraChicken.

I'd say evenings average between 3 and 8 players.

Aenea isn't what I'd call an "RP-heavy" server (more of a mixed action/rp server), but you should have no difficulty getting some good quality roleplaying in. RR here is player-initiated, it's not enforced, but almost everyone I've seen so far seems open to at least trying the roleplay aspect of the game. Those not really interested will often offer a greeting before going on their way.

OOC comments are often preceeded by "//" (which also changes text color) to set non-game talk apart in the chat window. Text emotes can easily be done by preceeding them with ".." (two periods), which also changes text color to separate actions/emoted expressions from talking.

Come on in, take a look around, and chat up some of the other players. If you have any questions, just keep asking them. We're a friendly bunch.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeglin Dubh Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:48 am

The amount of players depends on if something is going on.

Some of us have a hard time getting on just to grind, so we'll only really get on when we know there's something going on.

If you have a certain day of the week you'd like to get together with folks, that can make your experience much better, since they'll usually try to get on at the same time.

As for RP heavy, I RP as much as I need to. If we're just doing a crawl with Dave or Manny and Ua, then I feel free to make Boba Fett jokes and punch all the doors we pass into dust on the sheer principle of the thing. If you really want to RP, though, all my characters are capable.
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content