Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5

+2
Angel of Death
daveyeisley
6 posters

Go down

Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5 Empty Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5

Post by daveyeisley Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:05 pm

Little Dodger II

This variant of the "Little Dodger" Build is much more Monk-heavy.

It gives up:

1. One point of BAB
2. Self-Concealment 5
3. Spring Attack (with the tumble skill either build is capable of this is superfluous)
4. Improved Critical Unarmed (slightly fewer crits, but neither build relies on them anyhow)
5. Weapon Specialization Unarmed
6. Epic Weapon Specialization Unarmed

In exchange, it gains:

1. Four more AC from the Class-Level-Based Monk AC Bonus (not Wisdom related)
2. Empty Body for non-magical 50% concealment 2/day lasting 31 rounds (a subsitute for SC V)
3. Quivering Palm
4. Perfect Self (Mind Immunity and +1/soak 20 DR)
5. 2d6 base unarmed damage (as opposed to 1d10)
6. Two more Great Dexterity feats to counter lost BAB and boost both AC & Reflex Saves by one point
7. 21 more uses of stunning fist
8. +70% movement speed
9. 41 Spell Resistance
10. Great Wisdom Feat for an additional point of AC
11. Weapon Focus Kama (in case you want to use one)
12. +2 to all saves from Champion of Dalix

This build also totally avoids all multiclassing XP penalties.

==============================================================================
==============================================================================

Race: Mouseblood Halfling (could go Demonspawn too, for the extra wisdom AC, but 20% more XP penalty)

Deity: Dalix

Lvl 40 Classes: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5

-Starting Stats-
STR: 8 (6 after halfling, 4 after mouseblood)
DEX: 18 (20 after halfling, 22 after mouseblood)
CON: 10
WIS: 14
INT: 14
CHA: 8

All Level-up Stat Points go to Dexterity

Must use Tomes, WarHulk, and Lady Shea to buy up to 13 Base STR, then get Weapon Finesse as bonus feat on an item, to gain Power Attack/Great Cleave instead of Imp. Crit

-1. Monk (Hide 4, Move Silent 4, Tumble 4, Dodge)
2. Monk
-3. Monk (Weapon Focus Unarmed)
A4. Monk
5. Monk
-6. Monk (Weapon Finesse/Power Attack)
7. Monk
A8. Monk
-9. Monk (Expertise)
10. Monk
11. Monk
A-12. Monk (Hide, Move Silent, Tumble, Mobility)
13. Shadowdancer
14. Shadowdancer
-15. Shadowdancer (Weapon Focus Kama)
A16. Shadowdancer
17. Champion of Dalix
-18. Champion of Dalix* (Imp. Expertise, Blind-Fight)
19. Champion of Dalix
A20. Champion of Dalix* (Imp. Crit Unarmed/Great Cleave)
-21. Shadowdancer (Great Dexterity)
22. Monk
23. Monk
A-24. Monk (Epic Prowess)
25. Monk
26. Monk
-27. Monk(Hide, Move Silent, Tumble, Epic Dodge)
A28. Monk
29. Monk
-30. Monk (Epic Weapon Focus Unarmed)
31. Monk
A32. Monk
-33. Monk (Great Dexterity)
34. Monk* (Armor Skin)
35. Monk
A-36. Monk (Great Dexterity)
37. Monk (Tumble)
38. Monk
-39. Monk* (Blinding Speed, Great Wisdom)
A40. Monk (Discipline, Hide, Move Silent, Listen, Spot)
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5 Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5 Empty Re: Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5

Post by daveyeisley Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:04 am

I have switched Blink's build over to this, and I have to say I am very, very pleased with it Smile

When totally maxxed out with plus 5 Tome for Dex and plus 20 Dex buys, the AB with Warhulk Channel Power active, along with Flurry Mode, will be 74 on the lead attack (effectively 75 including small stature).

The AC, when maxxed out with plus 5 Dex tome and plus 5 Wis tome, along with plus 20 stat buys for Dex and Wis, +5 armor AC, +5 Natural Armor AC, +5 Dodge AC, +5 Deflection AC, and 40 base ranks in Tumble skill (+8 more dodge AC), will be 98. With Blinding Speed, AC ioun, and Dalix blessing that goes up to 108. If gloves/gauntlets are changed to allow shield AC bonus, that could hit 113.

If you kick on Improved Expertise, Divine Power, Tenser's Transformation, Warhulk Channel, Blinding Speed, and Dalix blessing, the AB hits plus 71 (72 with small stature), and the AC hits 118/123.

All that, with 50% concealment from Empty Body, and 8 attacks per round... and not a single spellcasting level Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5 Empty Re: Little Dodger II: Monk 31, Champion of Dalix 4, Shadowdancer 5

Post by daveyeisley Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:08 am

Thinking on it a bit more....

If you go Demonspawn Halfling, tweak the starting stats a bit, and took a lower Dex, you could boost Cha up to 14, and instead of Champion of Dalix, go for Paladin 4 instead.

With that, once you get the Str up enough to qualify for Power Attack (13 str), then you drop expertise, weapon focus Kama, Great Cleave, and Improved Expertise.

Stagger the 3rd and 4th Paladin levels to pre-epic feat levels (probably level 9 and level 15) in order to gain Divine Might and Divine Power.

Get yourself +12 Cha enhancement, a Cha Tome, some Cha buys.... and boom.... better damage, better AC, and better saves Smile

You would have to be concerned with multiclassing XP penalty, on top of Demonspawn 30% racial XP penalty, however.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Must use Tomes, WarHulk, and Lady Shea to buy up to 13 Base STR, then
get Weapon Finesse as bonus feat on an item, to gain Power Attack/Great
Cleave instead of Imp. Crit

Highlighted this because I wanted to ask, is there a certain limitation/restriction to be met (such as an item or having to be level 40:?Smile before Lady Shea offers that exchange (xp > stat buy)Question
I have visited her several times but have yet to see such an offer from her convensation. Curious mind want to know king
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:29 pm

Yeah ye need to be a level 40 PC for her to offer that exchange .. ..
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Aha, figured it was something like that. Good to know, thanks for the info Smile

. . .still a bit before Celestin reaches that point. 4 more levels to go to be exact! xD
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Grey_Stooge Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I thought you said it is never good to go more than 20 levels of monk.
Grey_Stooge
Grey_Stooge
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 238
Main Character : Bram Alley - Shadow Stalker of Beuttleria
Other Character : Bart Bryan - Beuttlerian SFS Warrior
Registration date : 2008-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

Grey_Stooge wrote:I thought you said it is never good to go more than 20 levels of monk.

Well, you got me. I was totally.... totally wrong.

I was looking at the poor epic bonus feat progression, the poor epic bonus feat selection, and the lack of additional features gained by epic monks (pre-epic they get lots of nifties every few levels) when I stated that 20 levels was when they stop being worthwhile... but it turns out, they still get their class-level-based AC bonus(stacks with everything and they never lose it even when flat-footed, its like their base AC gets increased from 10), their SR still improves, their speed improves, they get more stunning fist uses (and this ability is just NASTY if you have the good wisdom), and the Empty Body ability lasts longer.

For certain builds, all these things make it quite worthwhile. I still probably wouldn't go 40 monk, myself.... but going 30 monk has very solid benefits that no other class can match.

Note: Epic monk levels work best in groups of 5 for the bonus feats and AC bonus plateaus.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:06 pm

daveyeisley wrote:

For certain builds, all these things make it quite worthwhile. I still probably wouldn't go 40 monk, myself.... but going 30 monk has very solid benefits that no other class can match.

Note: Epic monk levels work best in groups of 5 for the bonus feats and AC bonus plateaus.

Lol ..... .. So if only Ftr wasn't needed for a EWS Kama... imagine a 30 Monk/ 10 WM ... ... .... .... ....

daveyeisley wrote:
I was looking at the poor epic bonus feat progression, the poor epic bonus feat selection, and the lack of additional features gained by epic monks (pre-epic they get lots of nifties every few levels) when I stated that 20 levels was when they stop being worthwhile... but it turns out, they still get their class-level-based AC bonus(stacks with everything and they never lose it even when flat-footed, its like their base AC gets increased from 10), their SR still improves, their speed improves, they get more stunning fist uses (and this ability is just NASTY if you have the good wisdom), and the Empty Body ability lasts longer.

This has got me seriously considering a 30 Monk / 10 Clr of Gort build ... (the Clr just for those Perma-Haste Boots... ... ) ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by plane_abe Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:00 pm

Looks pretty good!
plane_abe
plane_abe
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Male Number of posts : 59
Main Character : Ivellios Galonodel + Flash
Other Character : Xanaphia Galonodel
NWN Username : plane_abe
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:40 pm

Yeah... I am not even exaggerating when I say, this is probably one of the best 40th level builds I have done on Aenea. Its tough to qualify for everything, but doable. And the build is just powerful. Tough to kill, lots of attacks... You have an answer for just about everything... and a CRAZY AC.

The true beauty however, is the fact that the build retains a great BAB even with all the defenses.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:45 pm

Nothing better than insane AC Wink
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down