Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Bugs

3 posters

Go down

Magical Bugs Empty Magical Bugs

Post by Angel of Death Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 am

"Where would the bug spray go, hm?" Rolling Eyes

Magical Bugs 318554The funniest, and weirdest thing happened to me when I was strolling through the vampire tower in Alatha. When I casted the Undeath to Death spell on a group of "pale women", the message "Immune to death magic" appeared and nothing happened. Suspect

Another thing is, the firey skeleton things spawning in the same area appeared unharmed by the Undeath to Death spell as well.

That was bug number 1.

Magical Bugs 318554Bug #2 is the skeleton mages I ran into in Alatha, they appeared unharmed by the spell "Luminus' Redeeming Flames". Undeads which are neutral or good alignment? (I know it can happen on occasion, but it's far from the norm...)

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed for next module update)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Magical Bugs Empty Re: Magical Bugs

Post by Angel of Death Sun May 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Another bug, or at least I considers it so since it seems a bit silly.

The spell Illusionary Object.

The objects which appear from the spell all hover in the air above the targeted ground. It looks a tad silly. Magical Bugs Sweat_Emoticon_by_ChronoPhoenix

Solution: I believe an adjustment of the z axis of the placeables appearing when the spell is cast would fix that. Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sun May 20, 2012 3:50 pm

ALong a similar line, apparantly the spell Control Undead is respecting Mind-Spell Immunity, making the spell entirely useless, since all undead are immune to Mind Spells.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 am

Ball Lightning is now hitting allies, enemies and even the caster indiscriminately. This was not the case until very recently, and the spell descritpion explicitly states all hostiles in the area.

I also do miss the old 'ball lightning' visual that sent orbs of lightning at all enemies. The explosion it has now I feel is more suited to Scintillating Sphere, but perhaps that's just me.

I've also noticed several spells doing more than one pulse of damage where they shouldn't be. I will give you a more comprehensive list as soon as it's not 2AM. (Hopefully 'later today' after I've gotten some sleep)

Last edited by evilkittenofdoom on Tue May 22, 2012 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon May 21, 2012 12:06 pm

So far, the following spells are doing more damage than they are supposed to.

Dark Bolt { Does the negative damage twice }
Ice Storm { Does the Bludgeoning damage twice }
Negative Energy Ray { Is doing 32, 35 damage at Caster Level 40. This should be impossible with 5d6. It is not empowered and not rolling a critical hit on the attack roll }
Vampiric Touch { Does the Negative Damage twice. The amount of temporary hit points gained is equal to one damage packet that is dealt ; the amount that the spell is supposed to do.}
Magic Missile { It's all grouped up into one damage packet rather than the multiple that the spell orginially did. I am unsure if this is inentional or not. }

Furthermore, the ability Woodland Stride that is granted at Druid 2 is supposed to grant immunity to the Web, Entangle and Grease spells. My spider companion cast the Web spell and I was slowed down by it. The Entangle spell cast via Granted Spell 2 is also not being rendered immune by this feat. (The reflex save DC for the entangle check on myself, my summon and my animal companion was also 0)
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon May 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Woodland Stride is only of use in the woodlands... the game puts "woodland" anywhere that is flagged in the toolset as "outdoors, above ground and natural".... I think, although I have no backup as the wiki doesn't state this as fact.... ...

Are you in correct surroundings for it to work ?
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Magical Bugs Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm

I was at the old bandit bridge when I did these tests for Woodland Stride, so I am fairly certain that qualfies. Furthermore, standard use grants immunity to those spells regardless of locations IIRC.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Mon May 21, 2012 7:28 pm

True... The Amethyst Dragon did announce recently that he had finished the "spell overhaul" to the new system he devised (saves a lot of resources, cleaner/clearer scripts, more adaptable, added functions for crafting caster level specific items, other tweaks only he knows).... maybe he overlooked the woodland stride feat inclusion/immunity for those spells (the wiki page states the spellscripts contain the necessary information for woodland stride to function correctly)...... ..... ....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Magical Bugs Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Tue May 22, 2012 8:58 pm

evilkittenofdoom wrote:Ball Lightning is now hitting allies, enemies and even the caster indiscriminately. This was not the case until very recently, and the spell descritpion explicitly states all hostiles in the area.

I also do miss the old 'ball lightning' visual that sent orbs of lightning at all enemies. The explosion it has now I feel is more suited to Scintillating Sphere, but perhaps that's just me.

I've also noticed several spells doing more than one pulse of damage where they shouldn't be. I will give you a more comprehensive list as soon as it's not 2AM. (Hopefully 'later today' after I've gotten some sleep)

By a total coincidence while I was glancing over Aenea's front page, I saw this in the spell section:

"Ball Lightning: This spell now functions like an expanded scintillating sphere, inflicting 1d10 points of damage per 3 caster levels to everything in a colossal radius."

So...the spell has been changed, then? The bug here might be, that the description in game need to feature this change instead of bioware's default. Smile

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue May 22, 2012 9:03 pm

Apparantly the description does need updating then. Embarassed
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 am

Looks like it is possible to kill an undead creature. By frightening them! Razz

Oh yes! Anna's illusions sure has come along way since she cast her first color spray. Twisted Evil

Jokes aside.

I was targeting a troll when a lich - or two - came into the radius of my Weird spell, and noticed that not only did the spell slay the troll (normal), but also the liches as well!

(I wonder if this is tied to the bug with Undeath to Death and Control Undead listed above...)

Edit:

Found a new bug (or least I believe it to be a bug): The spell Luminus' White Rapture kills evil creatures and damaged neutral creatures with positive energy. It however also kills trolls outright; even with their rapid regeneration. Is the spell meant to do that (like strip the soul right out of the body) or is it a bug? Smile

Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down