Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:)

4 posters

Go down

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Empty Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:)

Post by Angel of Death Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Inside the Guild of the Moonstealers most inner sanctum, in a certain room.

Little did the Guildmaster know when he was entertained by his hired woman that night, that he was paid a visit by "the Dormouse", a certain mouseblooded fae, with very sticky fingers. When he woke up the next day and went to gather his armor where it was placed the night before, he found a most delicious blackberry pie, with a crunchy bottom and tasty filling, instead... Twisted Evil
(He also found his vault empty, as well as smaller pouches of gold he had carefully stuffed away in said armor)

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Fae-tr10

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

[Random Diary Entry a tenday later after the "swift shady trade" described above]

Rumours from the Underworld grapevine has let me hear of my latest stunt...

It appears the Guildmaster was fonder for his armour than I knew of (wish I knew why, it kinda stink and there's patches on knees and elbows; if he was that fond of it, you would think he could clean it more often, right?); he has set up larger investigation into who "took" his prized armour while he was otherwise entertained. And promises a fate worse than death upon the culprit when caught!
Tee-hee! I know I did not leave any traces behind which would lead to myself, so he will not have his vengeance for this "crime" committed. Although it doesn't hurt to be more careful next time I visit Macedonia in my shadowy guise...

One thing which I truly regret though, is that I wish I could have stayed long enough to have seen his reaction, and more-so, his facial expression when he found out his armour had been replaced by a delicious blackberry pie - did he eat it or throw simple threw it at someone or something in a furious rage? A Question worth finding the answer too.

I am not overly concerned with the pocket money I borrowed from his Vault; it's not like they had gained that money from honest work. The money are now in the hands of someone which has a need for it; I donated all of it to an Orphanage in Mountainholm Castle - not that they know from who or where the money came from. It's better that way.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Empty Re: Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:)

Post by Angel of Death Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

[Random Entry of Cherry's Diary, a few days later...]

Yay!
I finally managed to get the stench out of he armour I 'liberated' from Orrin's bag the other day. Took many washings, plus a bit of magic to get clean, but finally did it! Now for the re-design. I'm thinking of keeping a few of the original features intact, since without those, the magic imbued in the armour would be lost; ruined. Namely the big metallic sleeve and the many pouches and pockets, not that I mind them much either. I can work with it!

Luckily the size of it is way bigger than me, leaving ample room for the improvements. Although I'll have to add more fabric to the upper-part of the armor as there's little to no fabric of the vest itself ...and it's way to daring for a woman such as myself to wear. I would be too embarrassed to show so much skin in public!

As for the colours ...I dyed most of it in a charcoal black, as it's so fitting for a sneaky outfit. =)

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Discor10
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --

[Two tendays later; 1st Page of a Series of Entries of Cherry's Diary.]

So glad I was in Macedone doing business today, made me get the latest rumours of the underworld grapevine reach my ears faster, a day later, and I wouldn't had the time to act on it. Those rumours was all kind of juicy; the Guild as a whole was in some stat of turmoil after a powerful wizard launched an attack on the Guild Headquarters and captured Orrin himself!
This is a chance I cannot let go off, one that I have been waiting for, no chance to waste. I shall take action to secure myself a foothold within Orrin's Organization, and little by little slip myself into a position of power from where I can rule the Guild from the shadows and lead it into the Light; it shall become a Guild people will be proud of when spoken about, instead of fearing for their lives by even mentioning it's name. Well, hopefully, that's been occupying my mind for quite a few months now.

Hopefully nothing will go awry.

[2nd Page of a Series of Entries of Cherry's Diary.]

Sneaking into the Guild itself are easy enough, harder is it to gain a foothold within it without making yourself stand out as the 'new person'. But I did it ... wasn't easy, but I secured myself a small spot within the Guild; got a key figure wriggled around my finger by the way of my voice, while sneaking around inside the Guild, I found a handful of documents in a room which I believe I can use as blackmail to get a grasp around another person - this guy it seems, has connections to the Treasure Vault... (Appears as though he little by little has pocketed some of the Guild's assets into his own pocket for a longer period of time; how naughty of him!).

While the Guild is in a state of chaos with no one having any clue of where Orrin is, and some people has taken advantage of this to get higher in the hierarchy, there's not nearly enough chaos in the ranks for me to move around with. Maybe if I was able to persuade some more members to that this was their chance to gain a taste of power for themselves? Could work!

From the Intel I have gathered, the guy Finch Thomson, is an important lieutenant Orrin selected to enforce the streets at first but quickly rose in power within the ranks; if words has it, he's quick to anger and rush into a situation rather than calmly think it over. I can use him I bet. I have to be cautious about the way I approach him though, if I start this power-struggle, I don't want to be swept away in the chaos which is likely to follow...!

Oh. I found the guy which I could blackmail, getting a meeting with him in private wasn't that hard. Although I doubt he had the same in mind what I had, tee-hee, cannot say he was happy when I revealed to him my true intentions. He almost ripped the documents out of my hand, but I was faster, ducking out of the way and began to sing a compelling song to calm him down. After that, it was merely about "persuading" him into becoming my eyes and ears in the Guild, and do me an occasional favour; in return however I promised to be quiet of what he had been doing...

[3rd Page of a Series of Entries of Cherry's Diary; written half a day later of last entry...]

Oi, oi. The guy I was blackmailing almost got me killed earlier. Luckily Lysis was watching over me, as I acted swifter, able to dodge his knife, and set into a song to put him to sleep...that was too close though...I need to be more careful. I do not want to become over-confident; losing sight of what's in front of you can get yourself killed in this king of environment.
While Olaf, that's the guy's name, was sleeping, I prepared an enchanting song for him for when he woke up. One which will compel him to do my bidding, but at the same time not fully control his actions, since that will change his behaviour and the way he go about the day-to-day business. Something which likely will attract others to look into why he is acting different than normal...something I do not wish... Instead I'm just causing him to see me in a friendlier light so he's willing to be my eyes and ears in the guild and do me a favour or two when needed.

Oh, I think Finch is doing a good job at causing turmoil in the ranks. It's only been, what? Two hours since I singled him out and persuaded him into thinking he would be able to  rise in the ranks now Orrin is away. I had not realized he had such a toll on some of the guys in the Guild, he's got a powerful voice of his own! Quite a few are willing to follow him, although some of them mostly out of fear for what he can do with that sword of his...things are slowly going into the direction I want it. Maybe I can pull this through quicker than I thought, then again, I shouldn't draw hasty conclusions, it will lead me to my own doom. Shall have to wait and see how it will turn, then react in a calm manner about it...Like daddy always used to say. I still recall his story about how his big brother always rushed into dangerous situations without thinking it through first; it got him killed. Poor uncle, wish he had been able to run quicker than that angry mob of dwarves.

[Singled out entry, scribbled in a corner of the second page...]
It's good that I always take measure to hide my wings under a thick cloak, while a layer of illusionairy magic veils my draconian features, hiding the wings away under a cloak is a good idea to avoid people 'bumping' into them causing a startled reaction and a confused look for what they run their head into. The usage of those spells is straining to me though. Even so, a woman has to keep some surprises up her sleeve; mine is my draconian ancestry, among other things...not to mention, it also keeps my true identity hidden. I cannot have any of them know my real name. The alias I have picked up while moving within the ranks of this Organization is Discordia, an ample suiting name I believe for one which causes such an amount of Chaos. While using this guise, my eyes changes to that of two sparkling emeralds and my hair turns as black as a starless night.

... *A stippled line has been made between this and next chapter; seems as though she had to pause while writing this entry.* ...

Oh my, seems as though Orrin has made an appearance on the radar again. The buzz of it is all over the news in Macedone, and within the Guild too, about his imprisonment within the Guard Barracks. I wonder how long he'll be sitting in jail though, he got a lot of loyal men and women which gladly would try and free him - but is anyone able to pull of such a feat? If i want to cause a power-struggle, I can however use his current situation for my own benefit.

While Finch and his men do a good job now causing a turmoil to let me move more freely within the Guild, if Orrin should return the men which follows him out of fear would turn on him in a heartbeat. They fear Orrin far more than Finch himself, which would leave him with only a handful of close friends. I do however know someone with far more influence, not only in the Guild, but also to a lesser degree over Orrin himself...If I could persuade Andrea Moondust over on my side, then even if Orrin should return it wouldn't matter as much to my plan.
She's a skilled seductress and assassin if rumours are true, sounds like a clever one too. The guy I got the information from also said he caught her having ranted about Orrin while in a drunken stupor one time. I think I could sway her to see my side on things, and if not, I could always sing a song until she dances to my tune. Although I would rather avoid that if not absolute necessary.
Now to find her and have a private chat. I think I heard she had a room in the northeastern wing of the Guild...

[4th - and last - Page of a Series of Entries of Cherry's Diary; written a few hours later...]

Had my chat with Andrea, seems as though we got more things in common than I thought. She's got eyes like a hawk too, as she wasn't fooled by my size. She knew I was more powerful than I appeared to me from first sight. It made things easier for me though...as I could be more direct with her, with what I wanted from her. In return though, I had to promise her a few favours too, beside twenty thousand gold cash to buy her silence - expensive, but worth it. The deal with the favours shouldn't be of any problem as long as my plan is successful.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~ ...A stippled line has been swept across the page, seems as though she had to pause in writing because of a stir within the Guild...  ~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Drat! Orrin has escaped, not all that surprising, but still somewhat earlier than I expected it to be. Probably got help from the outside then. It won't be long until he's back in the Guild, need to act swifter now than never to secure myself a niche here. Once he is back, it won't take long to have everything under his control again and reestablished things to the way they were.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

One of the people I got contact with, was killed in the tumult of Orrin's return. A minor setback, but I believe the deal with Andrea has been cemented into place. She knows Orrin better than I do, and know how to get on his good side. She'll be able to get into a a better position of power than she was before by taking down Finch's crew and bringing them in to Orrin. I feel bad for Finch, but he has done his share in this game.

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Seems Finch got lucky, when Andrea brought him and the handful of loyal friends to Orrin. Orrin opted to only demote him to sewer patrol, three of his friends wasn't as lucky as Orrin made them a showcase of what happens when people betray his trust. Rumours of their death spread like a wildfire throughout out the guild...

Hmm. With Orrin back, my plans have changed a bit. I need to on the defensive now as I secure my own foothold under his leadership. Even if I got Andrea and a few others persuaded to dance to my tune, I cannot have that those loyal to him get nosy about me now, not when I have finally managed to get myself into his Organization.

For now, I need to stay hidden, wait and observe, while keeping tab on current activities within the Guild and act when an opportunity strikes again...

I am still curious how Orrin escaped though, need to pry into that later. It hasn't left much of a dent in my plan, as I was able to get into the Guild and cause a minor turmoil without leaving many traces back to me. If things get dire though, I might have to plan for Orrin to have an accident on his new patrol; I honestly do not hope it will get to that...

~  ~  ~  ~  ~

Other news of less serious character.
Orrin called to a meeting where he told of his daring escape from the prison. The story itself became more questionable, and more daring, for each time it was told; one version of it, told after his fifteenth or so drink, he single-handily battled every guard in the city on his own, before calmly walking out of jail and praised by the on-lookers. I should write up a story of my own to tell at taverns, one which makes fun of him and put the guards in a comical situation, but still retains some sort of dignity. Teehee. Yeah, I should totally do that...! Of course, it won't be told under my new alias in the Guild, but as Cherry.

One of the positive outcomes of these events is that it seems as though Orrin, for now at least, seem to have forgotten all about the deal with his armour disappearing a while ago; Lysis be blessed, She truly looks out for me. I still ought to be careful though, may have to avoid being seen by him for a bit longer...at least until I know for sure whether or not his given up on the capture of the perpetrator responsible for 'liberating' his armour!

For now though, I think I can get a bit of rest. It's been quite stressful the last day or so, which left me little to no sleep. So tired...

Spoiler:

Last edited by Angel of Death on Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:54 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited to fit more accurate into the time-frame of Orrin's disappearance, imprisonment, and return. ^.^ Now with 100% More Pictureness!)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Empty Re: Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:)

Post by daveyeisley Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:41 pm

Very cool Smile

Note: Ramana would have aided in Orrin's escape within 24 hours, though that detail doesn't really affect much of this very cool journal of events.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Mischief of a Mouse-blooded Fae with Draconic Ancestry... o:) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

I already sent him a note about that, Dave, see your inbox. He volunteered to edit to make his plot fall better into that timeline.

Edit: It's been decided that Don't try to run will morph into a guild thread, to try to give a little context of the situation inside the guild and hopefully a bit of reaction to player plots like this.

And yes, indeed, nice plot and nice writing! I always enjoy AoD's writing.

Last edited by Ramana Jala on Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New address for Don't Try to Run thread)
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:41 am

moving to Tales of Adventure....
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down