Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you

+3
Belarric
RustyDios
MannyJabrielle
7 posters

Go down

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Empty Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:33 am

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you 31685010
Razz You know who you are
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Empty Re: Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you

Post by RustyDios Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:40 am

Guilty as charged Smile
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Empty Re: Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you

Post by Belarric Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 am

so true Smile

somebodies got to pick up the crap others leave behind
Belarric
Belarric
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 157
Main Character : Raiden - A warrior monk searches for knowledge in the arts of war
Other Character : Darrius - Shadow Child
Other Character. : Wolfe - A dragon tainted barbarian from the high mountains
Time Zone : GMT + 12:00
Registration date : 2011-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:03 am

The perculiar scent of jealousi oozed up around Manny as he pressed the send button and created this thread...
You're just jealous of the lot of us because we does not mind admitting it, while you, you keep denying the fact that you're no better than the rest of us. Razz

In a weak moment, I witnessed Manny admit that he is in fact a pack rat, too (as much as he may try to claim otherwise!):
Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Manny-10
Now that I have posted the proof of this moment of weakness, he may try to deny it. But know; what has been said cannot be unsaid! Wink

*Inserts cute picture of pack rat* Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 am

*Inserts cute picture of pack rat*

Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Packra10

Yeah that is cute enough ....
Personally I rather like this one;
Yes, you packrats... this is how I see the lot of you Packra11

Smile Smile Razz
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:59 am

Angel of Death wrote:
Now that I have posted the proof of this moment of weakness, he may try to deny it. But know; what has been said cannot be unsaid! Wink

I said I *may* Be a packrat, not that I am. I may be a rascally rabbit too, but after checking I find I am in fact not.

Just like I find that even my "collector" with around 300 non equipped items on his person and in his ethereal combined chest doesn't come anywhere close to those of you walking around with nearly quadruple digit junk collections Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasombra Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:01 pm

It's family stuff Razz

Just like I find that even my "collector" with around 300 non equipped items on his person and in his ethereal combined chest doesn't come anywhere close to those of you walking around with nearly quadruple digit junk collections Razz
Good thing you added that "nearly", as I don't remember ever having more than 948. For RP reasons, of course Wink
Lasombra
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

I wasn't talking about you, Packrat# 397 Razz I was referring to packrat#389. Packrats# 492 and 497 are up there too though.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Lasombra Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm

Whew! That took some weight off my back Razz

I suppose some people drag the whole cities along with them. Might be a cool concept - a character with a pocket dimension in their bag, boxes acting as building, misc items as creatures, leaves as trees... or maybe it's just another one of those things that looks better in my imagination at 5AM than in actual gameplay Laughing
Lasombra
Lasombra
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Male Number of posts : 249
Main Character : Amaterasu
Other Character : Shannon Elish
Other Character. : Leah Aestris
Other Character.. : Peoth
Time Zone : GMT +2:00
Registration date : 2010-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:59 am

Lasombra wrote:... a character with a pocket dimension in their bag, boxes acting as building, misc items as creatures, leaves as trees... or maybe it's just another one of those things that looks better in my imagination at 5AM than in actual gameplay Laughing
Oi! Don't go spy in Anna's pocket-dimension bags without her permission - those are precious things, took a lot of magic research to create them! Wink

(She even created a little version of the TARDIS to travel in time, except, it's purple, not blue)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Wed May 01, 2013 9:34 am

Okay, I'll admit that the first picture describes my scout Ramana's weapons collection. Although it doesn't cover the six bags of trap stuff and probably fifteen bags of outfits.

After discovering that I wouldn't be able to do a backup local save of my character bic if my toon had much more than 700 items on her, I've been keeping it down. Now that many of her upgrades have been done, she's keeping it down below 600 items, I think. I hope to weasle down the number further as she learns which scrolls she can ditch. Oh, and finally getting my custom items decided on would liberate half an inventory page of vouchers.

But what's a swiss-army-knife scout Ranger weapons-afficionada trapmaker and dressmaker fashion-diva with a Rogue's attraction to gadgets, magical items, and gems, supposed to do?

When I get her house into the game one of these days, I might start using the echest as a closet finally, and break her self-reliant entirely self-contained philosophy. At least for the vast wardrobe, her dressmaking templates, and the trapmaking crates.

BTW, the lack of 100% bags was one of the dissatisfactions I had with my previous PW --the only easily-found bags there were only 40%. My druid was a minimalist, and even she had problems with weight there. Thus for my maximalist lady ranger-rogue, she was always on the verge of being unwalkable from having too many traps and too many dresses and too many scrolls and wands and generally too many gadgets. I couldn't even indulge her weapons interest, having to keep her down to just her matched pair of swords and a one nice bow. Not that the weapons were even half as interesting as those in Aenea....

Here I did swear a different route of minimalism with Ramana's alternate personality Ranara the wizard, though. That one doesn't care much about weapons and nothing for dresses, at least.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Wed May 01, 2013 10:39 am

Ramana Jala wrote:After discovering that I wouldn't be able to do a backup local save of my character bic if my toon had much more than 700 items on her, I've been keeping it down.

Oh ...so that's what the issue is? Been experiencing some trouble when trying to backup Anna's .bic. Hoping to catch a DM sometime soon, so I can get the last upgrade done to her boots, and get rid of at least a hundred different objects and bags. And yeah, Anna has a little over a thousand non-equipped inventory objects currently. It'll be downsized eventually, though =P
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Wed May 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Lasombra wrote:
I suppose some people drag the whole cities along with them. Might be a cool concept - a character with a pocket dimension in their bag, boxes acting as building....
I'm reminded of Robert Heinlein's novel Glory Road, which was a masterpiece of fantasy sci-fi. The adventurers had a folding wallet, that when it was entirely unfolded, became veritably a small building that held all their gear and rations and a houseful of other stuff.
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:18 am

Out of curiousity, I checked Fren's inventory and she is lugging around about 1600 objects... Whoops.  Embarassed
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 459
Main Character : Fren Hilg
Other Character : Isk Mool
Other Character: Remi Ferrand
NWN Username : odbo255
DM Name : Dungeon Master Beowulf
Time Zone : PT
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://member.acm.org/~jtwburton

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:26 am

My lowest item count PC: 3 items (that little database notebook, jump widget, and epic casting widget.... I'd do away with the casting widget, but it keeps respawning every reset Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by odbo255 Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:31 am

MannyJabrielle wrote:My lowest item count PC: 3 items (that little database notebook, jump widget, and epic casting widget.... I'd do away with the casting widget, but it keeps respawning every reset Razz

Nice! Reminds me of ultralight backpacking.
odbo255
odbo255
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 459
Main Character : Fren Hilg
Other Character : Isk Mool
Other Character: Remi Ferrand
NWN Username : odbo255
DM Name : Dungeon Master Beowulf
Time Zone : PT
Registration date : 2012-06-22

http://member.acm.org/~jtwburton

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:37 am

heh, kinda appropriate since the character in question is a wild-child nature type Wink

I find in my SP games... I go for minimal inventory as well.... My last SOU playthrough, only stuff in the backpack besides non-droppable plot items was a stack of restoration potions.

I recently played through Hexcoda 1, and found by the end, I still had all my original pocket capacitors.... I just rarely use inventory items beyond med kits or healing potions.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum