Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed)

+2
Eric of Atrophy
The Amethyst Dragon
6 posters

Go down

Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed) Empty Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed)

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:20 pm

Kefrem posted a suggestion of adding the Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (found here), an update to the optional v3.0 that you can currently use in your override.

I've checked these out, even testing each of them in a mini-module, and the results are very nice.

I'm considering adding these to Aenea, but I'm looking for feedback before I do, since adding these means another hak file everyone would be required to download to keep playing.

So, please vote and if you have comments, feel free to post them. I'll leave the poll running for a week.

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : closing poll (6 yes, 3 maybe, 1 no))
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed) Empty Re: Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed)

Post by Eric of Atrophy Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:30 pm

I never turn down some good custom content, it doesn't matter how many hakpaks it takes! I currently use the override of the Alternate Combat Animations V.4 - assassin style, so everyone looks like ... well, an assassin! But if you can apply the anims in v4 to just yourself ... well, that's even more reason to say yay! Laughing

*wait, did I vote maybe? I meant to vote yes! call me a yes!*

Last edited by Eric of Atrophy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarifying vote)
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed) Empty Re: Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed)

Post by Maeglin Dubh Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:52 pm

Could you perhaps ask permission to include their haks in your download?
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:34 pm

Maeglin Dubh wrote:Could you perhaps ask permission to include their haks in your download?
I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

Ask permission of ragnarok_mr4 before using this? By putting it up for module builders to download, he's giving permission for it to be used.

Ask each player? I'm going to eventually add this to the Aenea haks, which would make it a required download for every player.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeglin Dubh Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:00 pm

What I mean is, rather than requiring Aenea players to download this separately, add the haks for them into the Aenea playerpack.
Maeglin Dubh
Maeglin Dubh
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 521
Main Character : Derfel Cadarn, Warlord of Beuttleria
Other Character : Kasigi Toranaga, Serene Swordsman
Other Character. : Stan Card, Not a Crazed Marksman
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Yeah that post stumped me a bit too... ... For all the things in the Aenea Haks that haven't been written/created direct by himself, The Amethyst Dragon has a "Custom Content Credits" page found on the website at the bottom of the downloads page ( Found here )
For everything else that page links to the creators own NWN Vault page as "suggested" downloads (such as ragnarok_mr4 's current override of ACP v3).. putting things on the vault gives the permission for those things to be used by players/builders in modules (including PW's).. ..

.. I'm sure The Amethyst Dragon will give credit where credit is due.. and the CCC page also lists the original inspirations for many things that have since been warped/ twisted and re-wrote by The Amethyst Dragon himself and are really no longer distinguishable as the original work (such as the ioun stone management)...

... however I'm sure that if you have found something within the Aenea haks / aenea that you recognise from elsewhere and credit is not listed in that list.. thats likely because The Amethyst Dragon has truely forgotten where the source was.. we all have memory lapses sometimes.. ..and an em@il / pm to The Amethyst Dragon will likely rectify this when he gets round to updating the website (he has a life too)..

.. My regrets if this post sounds to "full-on" or threatening / abusive.. (it doesn't to me normally- but I like to read things through from different perspectives and it could be viewed as such).. it was not my intention...

- Jay

(Edit :: Yes I now see what you mean but I think asking us to download this seperately is no big deal really... we already need to download the CEP and CCP.. my post above really does rant a bit doesn't it? - sorry)
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm adding this right now to the aeneahak_updates.hak file (along with stuff for the Player Item Enchantment System). It will be added to the game at the same time.

Edited: I just noticed the name of my enchantment system can be reduced to the name of a dessert...PIES! Woohoo! (insert sound of Homer Simpson drooling here).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:23 pm

hmmm.... beer... er, um.... hmmmm, pie
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:15 pm

mmmmm...... floor pie.....
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Poll: Alternate Combat Animations v4.0 (poll closed) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down