Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Throne of the Tyrant Spawns

2 posters

Go down

Throne of the Tyrant Spawns Empty Throne of the Tyrant Spawns

Post by MannyJabrielle Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:18 pm

It was good that the spawn rate in there was cut back..... the original spawning was simply crash-worthy massive at sometimes over 100 beholders per spawning plus the eyeballs and oddballs

But the cut back is too far in the opposite end of the spectrum now

Level 40 PC, spawned maybe 10, 15 beholders in there, equal number of eyeballs, two elders and 3, maybe 4 of the oddball spawns (which is a nice thing btw.... nice to see more than just one creature type in an area).  Cleared the whole area in under 2 minutes, most of that time was spent simply running from one side of the map to the other rather than fighting

I would almost rather the borderline server-crash worthy horde than a virtually empty massive map.  A middle ground between the two spawn rates would be absolutely perfect.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Throne of the Tyrant Spawns Empty Re: Throne of the Tyrant Spawns

Post by ColdWind Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 am

I think the reason is not directly in qtty of mobs (we can meet several packs of 40 goblins in a random location, and it's ok), but in beholders' mechanics. A single beholder has 16 apr (6-5-5 rays). So if a PC encounters 10 beholders at a time, its 30+ attacks in a second (+ possible aoe spells). Maybe its better to make 4 rays in a round but with multiple effects (like a PC has on a weapon)?
ColdWind
ColdWind
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2014-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:03 pm

That sounds like something to consider...

At the *very* least that idea would cut down on the massive combat log spam Razz

That would cut down on the "lazer beam" vfx's too somewhat...

I've grown to not really be a fan of the lazer beams unless it's a scifi game lol. Reducing the lazers a bit may also help with screen stuttering.... help playability too (when I get several beholders aroudn me, my character pretty much turns into a great big glowing cueball from the constant firing of the "immunity" vfx.. I can't see them, I can't see vital combat messages like "out of ammo" that I get with the everful boxes and bags, I do not see when my character is knocked down, when they stop attacking for whatever reason...)

Like, ok, the disintigrate beam, that mimics the spell, so the green beam would make sense.... but all the others? Telekinesis really doesn't equate in my mind to 'lazer beam'.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down