Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Inflict Potions

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: Inflict Potions Empty Not Used: Inflict Potions

Post by Tyro Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:24 pm

I was talking to Angelica and we agreed that it would be very helpful/thematic if inflict potions were added to the brew potion command list. This would be helpful for spellcasting vampires who want to use potions as well as blood. Let me know what you think.

I had an additional idea afterward...if this is too simple or not vampiric enough, perhaps blood would be required as an ingredient as well as a castable inflict, and the brewed result would be something like a "Vampiric Healing Draught" or some other kind of blood potion, that works the way blood does, but "charged" with negative energy and thus at an enhanced effect.

I look forward to hearing feedback.
Tyro
Tyro
Scout
Scout

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Inflict Potions Empty Re: Not Used: Inflict Potions

Post by daveyeisley Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:54 pm

I really like this idea from a flavor perspective. I dont have any Vamp PCs because only being able to run around outside half of the time would drive me nuts... but for those who are willing to accept such a drawback, it sounds like a neat idea if it isn't too much trouble to put in. Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Inflict Potions Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Inflict Potions Empty Re: Not Used: Inflict Potions

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:37 am

Not using this one simply because blood can be a very effective healing agent for vampires, depending on their level, Constitution, and ranks in the Heal skill (which I twist for them into better understanding of their own body's uses for blood, so they are able to more quickly get it to these spots that need it).

Plus, at higher levels, vampires can hunt down dragon blood, with is even more effective.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com