Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizard / Sorcerer

3 posters

Go down

Wizard / Sorcerer Empty Wizard / Sorcerer

Post by Jamie Roy Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:19 pm

How do there two classes work together? Is it a valid build or not? Do the spellcaster levels stack? I was thinking of making a new character like this, then thought maybe not. I figured there were at least a few of you out there that knew, and I'd love to hear from the experts. And thank in advance. Very Happy
Jamie Roy
Jamie Roy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 20
Main Character : Gloigan Hecklen
Other Character : Memon Bren
Time Zone : \GMT - 6:00\
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Wizard / Sorcerer Empty Re: Wizard / Sorcerer

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:30 pm

The caster levels do not stack.

As to if it's a valid build, very much so, although it's more powerful/effective on servers with the spell time-stop enabled. 20/20 wiz/sorc won't have the caster level power of a pure class wizard or sorc, but in a time-stop enabled server scenerio, that particular build is nasty to tangle with. The sheer number of spells per day make it easy to spam far more timestops and IGMS's than a pureclass build.

On Aenea however... I've toyed with the idea of making such a build as well, but never put any real thought yet into how to make it a highly effective build.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamie Roy Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:42 pm

Cool. Thanks. I'll give it some thought, right alongside the new Prestige Classes. Shocked
Jamie Roy
Jamie Roy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 20
Main Character : Gloigan Hecklen
Other Character : Memon Bren
Time Zone : \GMT - 6:00\
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:27 am

The one thing that kills that build for me, personally, is that is needs two different casting statistics. Builds that can focus on one main casting stat for their bonus spells and DCs are more attractive to me.

You may consider possibly going Sorc/Bard and focusing CHA.... but as Manny stated, on Aenea I dont see the Wiz/Sorc being too fantastic. Spells per day out the wazoo, sure.... but only caster level 20 which means some spells like horrid wilting, greater missile storm, and a few others will not max out their damage... and one of the classes will not have as good DC as the other.... if you want both classes to have good DCs then all your other stats will be meh for the most part... not that you need them to be awesome.

I have always felt that for casters, spell power (ie. caster level) and primary casting stat are their God. If you multiclass, try to stay as close to 30 caster levels as you can.

Im currently dreaming of an ascended Crideas who is Wiz 28/Fighter 2/Soulfire Warrior 10 Smile
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Wizard / Sorcerer Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Hehe. and I was considering giving a reincarnated Aurora a go at being a sorc 26/blackguard4/ soulfire warrior 10 to see how that all would work out
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down