Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin...

2 posters

Go down

Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin... Empty Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin...

Post by Anthroplayer Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:31 am

God, I just realized what an angry rant I went on when I hit the subject with duegar.
I guess cause I'm middle eastern whenever I see a race in which everyone judges by lies and prejudice I get angsty.

The same thing with kobolds. Kobolds and gnomes originate from the same world in D&D lore, and their deities Kurtulmuk and Garl Glittergold would often have annual pranking contests with the various deities at the time. Supposedly the two entered an argument, and in the end GG had a temper tantrum, which rendered the earth on the many worlds he wrecked filled with tunnels as well as collapsed passegeways. Supposedly this damaged the underdark sections the kobolds lived in horribly, driving them up to the surface to live there the rest of their lives. The kobolds never forgave gnomish god for forcing them to live at the surface and abandon their rich and powerful gem empires, which were concentrated entirely on gems, and thus wage a constant war with his creations.

Damn, kobolds must be as rascist as mammalian humanoids then!

This gives me an idea! Let's make kobolds more prone to attack gnomes and gnome-like creatures! Then decrease their hostility towards reptilians, maybe make it allied? Then we can make it neutral with all else... GENIOUS!!!
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin... Empty Re: Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin...

Post by daveyeisley Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:17 pm

lol

and somehow, it makes sense.... though the pantheon is different here, so it might not translate perfectly...
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Wow, my angry rant with duegar and its origin... Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down