Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enviromental Rant

5 posters

Go down

Enviromental Rant Empty Enviromental Rant

Post by Anthroplayer Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok, so there have been many many issues arriving over and over, but old ones very rarely go away.
As such, this will be me venting my anger on constant stupidity on us humans, primarily Republicans and bumblefuck redneck inbred hicks, aka, confederate republicans.

Now, there was a company that was selling wolfhead hats. Yes, wolfhead hats. Hats that almost fully cover your head, made with a real wolf's head. Well, the company still exists, it is merely becoming more limited. Now, this is illegal in the US and in many other countries, but for some reason you can still buy such things.

Now, there is a company that sells zombie animal toys, made out of real animals. Most people who support these products say its taxidermy, but there is a big difference between an accurate biological model of an animal used for study and a preserved corpse purposely mangled so that it barely resembles the creature it was made from wearing costumes and being positions in funny poses, and taken pictures of and put on myspace and the like. This is not illegal in a rare few instances, as not all animals used are illegal to hunt and kill, nor is making these repuslive things for comedic purposes considered so morally inappropiate it needs banning. But its really bad.

Next, Sarah Palin is indeed a wanted criminal, she's even been in jail before in the past (but this involved hurting her fellow humans). I don't see why she gets a reprieve though. She literally hunts wolves with military standard weapons. That two illegal acts, as hunting wolves in any form is illegal, and military standard weapons are not covered by Gun License. Yes, you can own a pistol, and in some cases a shotgun or rifle. But things that are fast automatic weapons, used as sniper rifles, or shoot grenades and similar projectiles, cannot be owned by a civilian. Heck, she uses chemicals that are forbidden in the military as well in some of her wolfden traps.
Normally someone would have not only a warrant for their arrest, but because of how heavily they are armed and the extreme extent of the crimes, there would be a shoot to kill order, and not one for capture, if she argued or resisted arrest. This really pisses me off.

Next, people are still saying that either Global Warming does not exist, or if it does exist, that humans are not having a big enough effect to make a difference, but people only in the USA are saying this. And all scientific proof proves the opposite as well. Yet, for some reason people don't care. I hate to break it to them, but the past two decades has had the worst weather across the world for the past 100 million years. That doesn't sound like it could be natural does it?

Next, I am dealing with the fact people only think of stuff like PETA when they here of any enviromental topic, thanks alot small group of harmless extremists who happenned to get a fragment of news coverage... btw, did you know its legal to shoot your neighbors pets in some states if it is of a size larger than the standard house cat and it wanders on your property or near your property? I know now, and I'm fucking pissed, maybe thats why I never got justice in my state, or my dead animals...

Finally, it is now possible to clone extinct animals, I read it in the National Geographic. Oddly, at the end of the article, they made it sound bad. In truth, cloning extinct animals is 100% bad. Not only does this encourage people to kill off animals to extinction, as well as remove laws that protect animals, cloning an extinct animal takes approxiately 5-20 years to make one animal, and costs an estimated 250 million dollars, more if the animals DNA and genomes are not properly recorded or known. As of yet they have only one animal that can be cloned, which happens to be the Thalycine, or tasmanian wolf, which went extinct at Australia, inside their zoos! Well, thanks alot science and entertainment industry, you are bringing the universe closer to its destruction as we speak.

Now, I know other people may not care, but rape does occur in the animal kingdom. Well, only when I turned around 16 did I realize that when zookeepers are unable to get their animals to breed or sedate animals for a more sick scientific method of ensuring production of their entertainment animals, they often bind and lock down animals... burying some of their bodies under shackles, chains, and metal, and then they introduce male animal after male animal until one of the males actual rapes the female. This process often has to be repeated from3-6 times over, since the female often does not become pregnant. Well, I hate zoos, so everyone knows. I started hating zoos starting 2 years ago when I turned 19.

Next, apparently some governments encourage specific animals to go extinct, but within their nation and outside their nation. They can do this by many means, but alot would spark suspiscion and more. Not surprisingly our good, moral, pure, honorable, virtuos, god favored nation does not mind helping out with such things as well, as well as a select few European nations, and Asia. Oh, and the most enviromental friendly place would likely be Australia, remote fragments of Africa, Antartica, and sparse islands, since those places either have more moral peoples, or have few people. Btw, Australia is still a hell hole for nature, its just LESS a hell-hole nowadays, it was worse a long while ago. So to speak, the USA appears to want to drive most aquatic mammals extinct. Specifically these types of animals: seals, manatees, and any whale that isn't a killer whale. And by the why, Killer Whales primary food is not penguins or seals, it is actually the young of other species of whales... cannibals and a horridly annoying, constantly hungry, always defacting ocean creature. Just like the Bald Eagle, our country's representative, who happens to be the worst choice we could have made.

In the words of Benjamin Franklin, "Rather than choose this aggressive, auspicious bird, I think a better choice would be the Turkey, a creature that is humble and noble, and protective of their kin." If anyone knows anything about turkeys, you'd know this. The turkey is a very good at flying, they just can't maintain a flight of over 20 feet high and of a distance longer than 3 yards. They actually do protect eachother much like wolves protect their kin and offspring, these pack tactics are unusual in a bird, and only shows up elsewhere in penguins, which are completely flightless animals. Turkeys do not walk, they run, and fast. And if you hunt them, make sure you shoot them dead, it is very unpleasent to have a wild turkey biting the hell out of you and tearing apart your boots and pants with their talons, which apparently are sharp.

Say, why do people hate fish? About the only meat I really eat is fish, but, they are still amidst my favorite animals. People tend to think all sorts of bad things about fish, but oddly the shark is one of the more human friendly fish of the ocean. Its true too, oddly. Apparently only two species of sharks have actually been known to ever willingly attack a human, and of those two only one of them have ever been known to actualy hunt humans. All other sharks either are unable to eat humans cause they don't have teeth, never grow half the size of a human, or actually seem to have an extreme disgust for the taste of humans.
Oh, even though hunting sharks is internationally illegal, one of few countries I have some form of respect for year round is China, and sharkfin soup is supposedly to have minor medicinal properties. So while we are eating chicken soup, they are eating shark soup. Odd...

Hmm... if one of the older players wants to comment why one of the few countries I have respect for is China. The topic is part of the answer, as well as their more moral way of life and citizen friendly goverment, which are both superior to the USA. If only I wasn't so poor I could never move outside of the New Englad area of the USA... I can't even afford the funds to move to Canada, unless I save all my money for the next 40 years and then go... but by then I'll be over friggin 60!
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Enviromental Rant Empty Re: Enviromental Rant

Post by RustyDios Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Anthroplayer ?... Come and sit on my couch... It's a nice couch, I'm sure you'll like it... now lay back... close your eyes and relax... that's right, relax... breathe deeply, relax and chill... .. just let your stresses flow out a bit..

You seem heavily caught in the wrongs of the world, and under the pressure of attempting to change them all by yourself.. it's not possible, so don't try... each step forward you make to right things that seem wrong will be met by two steps against by "the powers in control"... this world works on the bad things happening that shouldn't.. it's been like that for years and years... with "the lightest evil's" easily portrayed and even advertised to cover all the deeper things, and trust me when you want to start looking down that path (and travelling it - it consumes you very quickly), it's not a nice path.... your'll really start to see just how messed up this planet is... .. it has been like this for hundreds of years and is unlikely to change soon.... ... the best you can do, is relax, take a deep breathe, not worry and just ensure that your own personal, private bubble of the world is the best it can be... ....

... there was a time in my life not so long ago when every day I was awake I would wonder if I'd be alive come nightfall, my days were spent in a downward spiral of drugs, rape, murder, theft and general mahyem... I was an anarchist in truth, and didn't even realise... I had a lucky break, a very lucky break (that I don't want to go into here), but the point is under the surface layer, everywhere, is a very dark, very unforgiving, very wrong, "hidden world"....

...and until you've been part of it most people wont even notice it... Yes I'm talking about 14yr old girls raping 40yr old men, then getting them locked up for paedophille crimes - yes that happens, I'm talking about your average shop assistant pushing coke in bags of marked "sugar" through the same store that a mother and her 1yr old shop in - who cares that they collect the wrong bag on occasion?, people setting others up to see two people kill each other, just for the amusement!!, it happens every day, likely in your village under your very nose... the best defense unfortunately is a thing called "Not my Problem", it's a defense built into us from birth, we as a people can happily,easily and frequently "look away".. .... mainly because we know that by looking we will inevitably be drawn in... ...

Chill and Relax, keep looking away from the problems advertised and put out in the media, there are worst things happening that your not told about.... ..... ... and you won't be able to do a damn thing to stop or change them.... ...

Sorry if that put a downer on you, but that's the truth of the world..... now get the f*ck off my couch Smile lol Smile lol Smile smile and keep your chin up...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Enviromental Rant Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:51 pm

I can put it another way, though I mostly agree with Rusty.

You can change things.... but you cant change everything, nor can you do it all at once or quickly.

There will be a time in anyone's life when they must take a stand that loved one and friends will not understand and will try to talk you out of... holding to your convictions, while admirable... a great credit to your character.... it is only PART of the process.

Choose your battles, choose them wisely, and with MUCH forethought. Learn what you will be dealing with AHEAD of time, and plan your ass off. Make contingency plans, and do your homework. Know the laws and learn as much about the people involved as you can before you make any sort of contact with the problem. Whever possible, use the laws and proper legal channels to enact change, and failing that.... work to have the laws changed.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Enviromental Rant Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:06 am

There's a lot of bad in the world, true, but there's a lot of good in it, too. You just have to look closely.

I am changing the world the best that I can, four children at a time. My wife and I realize that we can't have much of an impact on the world by ourselves, but when our kids grow up, we've released our particular viewpoints into the world x4, and, truth be told, they are much better at everything than we ever were, and they're good, to boot.

Last edited by Eric of Atrophy on Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stop! Grammar time!)
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:08 am

And yes, I absolutely cannot stand Confederate anything.
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:58 am

yeeehaw!

aw heck, who am I kidding, I'm a damn yankee.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down