Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TFP: Sunwolf Enemy: Thinking of starting here. One question:

Go down

TFP: Sunwolf Enemy: Thinking of starting here. One question: Empty TFP: Sunwolf Enemy: Thinking of starting here. One question:

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:51 pm

Transferred Forum Post (from old Bravenet forum):
Original Author: Sunwolf Enemy
Original Post Date: February 17, 2008
Title: Thinking of starting here. One question:

Greetings! I have a question regarding this PW. Thanks in advance for any info. Smile

I'm a soloer. I'm not anti-social, but for many varied reasons I choose to solo virtually all the time. If you're interested in why I've made this conscious decision, please ask, but I won't clutter this post up any further with peripheral ramblings.

Considering this decision, does Aenea support solo play, and more importantly does Aenea support solo play throughout the entire leveling process?

I just left a server (yet another one Razz) that fully supported and even encouraged soloing for roughly the first 75% of the leveling curve and then suddenly did an about-face and required grouping for virtually all significant endgame material. I was highly disappointed, and thus I've taken to asking this question as a matter of course.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions you may have, and thanks again for any enlightenment. Smile
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

TFP: Sunwolf Enemy: Thinking of starting here. One question: Empty TFP: Sunwolf Enemy: Thinking of starting here. One question: Responses

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:54 pm

Original Author: The Amethyst Dragon
Original Post Date: February 18, 2008

Hi.

Yes, Aenea does support solo players. There is equipment and perks for almost every class, and so far only one quest requires a specific class.

You will find that many players here prefer to go solo. Most are social when encountered, but being part of a group is definitely not required.

If you have any other questions, just ask. Good luck!

Wow...

I'm at the starting area now. *VERY* cool. Smile

I'm tryin' to decide on what languages to take. I hate decisions like this; I'm always so sure I'm'a screw it up somehow.

Oh well. Celestial and Fiendish it is. Very Happy

Oh lordy. Deities. Decisions, decisions. But in the end, the decision was easy.

Yay!

A few questions, if I may:

I'm considering developing a roguish character. On many servers, some rogue skills are supported and some are completely ignored. Are there any I'd be totally wasting points on here? I'm specifically interested in social skills (persuade and the like), as well as open lock, pick pocket, find/set traps, and any additional info you could provide on the various skills.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Original Author: Eric of Atrophy

Sunwolf Enemy,

Welcome to Aenea! I prefer to travel solo, as well, and have had no problems so far! Granted, I'm not on too often, and don't do a terrible amount of questing proper when I am, but I have found Aenea very, very receptive of my singular wandering ways!

Sorry, I'm rambling on - in any case, welcome to the server, and happy questing to you!

Original Author: The Amethyst Dragon
Original Post Date: February 19, 2008

Re: rogue skills

Since you are looking at a lot of solo work, I would suggest putting points into your stealth skills, trap skills, and persuade. Oh, and the new Balance, Jump, Climb, and Swim skills might come in handy (they will get more use as time goes on).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com