Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Polymorph, Shapechange, wildshapes, and werewolf semiclass.

Go down

Partially Used: Polymorph, Shapechange, wildshapes, and werewolf semiclass. Empty Partially Used: Polymorph, Shapechange, wildshapes, and werewolf semiclass.

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:17 pm

I just noticed that the polymorph and shapechange spells have been changed, and I really like the selections available now (as well as shapechange's option to use the lower level polymorph shapes!). The variety simply rocks! (how can you not beat becoming a beholder!)

I even like how some of the shapes have some neat perks to them (the drow shape has darkness as a spelllike ability!).

However, there's one thing that could make them even better. Item merging.

The polymorph/shapechange shapes don't merge any items, not even the armor/helm/shield slots. For casters, this can muckup bonus spell slots from enhanced cha/int/wis. It also lowers the shape's overall stats to make them far inferior to the mage in normal form (lower AC, loss of various item properties such as stat enhancements, immunities). For the drow shape, the weapon stats don't merge as they do with the shifter version of drow shape. Werewolf semiclass has the same problem as well in that none of the character's items merge into the shape, not even the armor/helm/shield slots.

The druid/shifter shapechanges have some item merging (all of them merge the armor/helm/shield slots, and other shapes will merge other items depending on if it's a bipedal form or not), but that not all the slots merge can cause some of the forms to be inherently weaker than the character's normal form.

My suggestion is to make all items mergable. Offhand without digging into it, I think that what can and can't merge into a given shape is determined by the appearance 2da (or might be the polymorph 2da). This wouldn't make shapechanging as insanely uber as it can be in PnP, but it can make it far more useful than it currently is.

For the shapechaging spells, and the werewolf semiclass, even some limited item merging would be very useful (if anything, to make full werewolves at least as powerful as wolfbloods rather than less powerful).

But again... the changes so far, I love.

Cuz it's just fun being a penguin running around the inn!
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Polymorph, Shapechange, wildshapes, and werewolf semiclass. Empty Re: Partially Used: Polymorph, Shapechange, wildshapes, and werewolf semiclass.

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:06 am

Lock and move? This is basically a duplicate thread and the idea was used just recently Smile
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down