Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid

+2
RustyDios
daveyeisley
6 posters

Go down

Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid Empty Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid

Post by daveyeisley Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 am

This would work like sustenance for a Vampire PC.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid Empty Re: Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid

Post by RustyDios Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:30 pm

Sounds Good... ..... how about an uber-rare Solar-Sucker too, that absorbs daylight in the day (and emits light at night) thus allowing nightraces to have a passive "sunblocker"....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid Empty Re: Not Used: New Ioun: Crimson Rhomboid

Post by evilkittenofdoom Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

Perhaps such an ioun stone would absorb 15% of the 25% that they take normally (so, they lose 10%) Drow would be effectively immune and shadowchildren would be half damage as well?

I'd stay away from complete immunity to sun damage just because you have an ioun stone.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I'd say a reduced sun damage would be better than immunity as well unless the ioun worked like the cloak of shadows (burns charges as it blocks sunlight).

I'd really be against an ioun that made vampires sun-immune with no cost though, even if it was a rare item. Worrying about sunlight is to me, an integral part of the vampire subrace.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:26 am

We already have various mechanics and items in place to help vamps with sunlight... although I think it would be nice to make them more accessible to low level vamps...

But really, the idea was solely for the purpose of making it easier for a vamp to rest, so they dont have to ring swap.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:16 am

Agreed on both accounts..... reduction to sun-damage does sound better then outright immunity.... and for the ring, with how old vampires can be I'm sure one vamp-wizzi somewhere would have created such an ioun stone... I mean we have normal food and blood, sustenance rings and rings of blood, and then the sustenence ioun stone with no vampire equlivent ..... I'd say it balances things out a little....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kefrem Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:58 pm

Well.....in some genre's as vampires aged they became resistant to some of thier vulnerabilities...resistant to sun, holy water and such...simulating thier underworld "patron" granting them more power and such.

Something like that could be implemented....as they hit the high/higher levels they gain the ability to take less dmg from them and finally total resistance at around level 35+ or so.

Theres also the thing i had with spyder my dark elf. She has a ring of power that gave her regen...it countered the dmg she took from the sunlight....it however did nothing to allow her to rest as the constant "plink!" of 1pt of dmg all the time prevented her from resting outdoors. It made using the gates a pain too...but it was fun trying to find a shady spot to run from to push the gems fast enough lol. One could implement that...they wouldnt die...but couldnt rest either.

Just my 2 cents. Razz
Kefrem
Kefrem
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 755
Main Character : Ignatius and Sykee
Other Character : Shi'ssar
Other Character. : Spyder
Other Character.. : Tarn
NWN Username : Kefremthemagus
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/costume.php?mode=view&c=688&bu=

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:44 pm

Not going to use this one, simply because there is the blood ring (yes, this one does require ring swapping if you've got more than two magic rings).

Also...what kind of vampire never carries any blood around to drink (even if just for healing)?

Plus...adding another ioun stone would be a pain in the posterior (editing a conversation: easy - adding a new item: easy - adding 4 new scripts (using up 8 "resource spaces") for a single stone: a pain - making a new ioun stone model: not too difficult - editing the 4 scripts that control ioun visuals to recalculate things so they stay properly spaced in orbits - quite a pain). Yeah, the ioun stone system is complicated and resource-intensive (which the reason I haven't added a bunch more stones from this list).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down