Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map.

2 posters

Go down

Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map. Empty Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map.

Post by Myd-Nyt Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 am

Me and that there (now ye see him, now ye don't) Jay feller were talkin about gettin us each one of them there big maps fer our travels from a reputable cartographer.

So's I begun lookin inter it (ye gots ter shop around when dealin with folks wut got book learnin).

Most of them there quill wielding maniacs will sell ye an eighteen part map wut they have labeled by sections followin some fancy book learned tradition.

One thing I noticed is that it were a bit difficult ter see sum o' them fellers writin occasionally.

Fer example, the part wut they call 1a, if ye'll take a look at the S/E section (learned me that from hangin around them there cartographer shoppes) ye will see a lake an' two forts. I find it were difficult ter read the name o' the lake but them there squares wut represent the forts were easy ter see.

So here's me question... were it possible ter get a map wut had the names in white writin.

If ye needs help in gettin the materials ter make that there special magical ink let me know.

Not sure wut ye would need....

- Scales Of An Elder White Dragon
- Breath Of A Frost Giant Magi
- Sacred Snow From A Holy Shrine
- Love Of A Yeti Princess
- Eye Of An Ancient Remorhaz
- Talons Of A Great White Roc
- Purity Of An Untainted Heart
- Horn Of A Frozen Unicorn
- Tusk Of An Undead Mammoth

I heard tell of a feller name o' Mythgar wut were lookin ter send folks off on adventures... maybe this could be one.

Anyway, I been sittin at this here tavern table drinkin an' drinkin an' drinkin an' writin fer a while now and it were high time I went ter see a man about a horse...

Wut are ye gigglin at....

No not that...

I were really goin ter get a horse, I'm tired o' walkin everywhere...

Up Yer Tankard!
Myd-Nyt
Myd-Nyt
Player with Too Much Time

Number of posts : 82
Main Character : Grog Ale-Quaffer
Time Zone : GMT (-5:00 hrs)
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map. Empty Re: Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map.

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 am

I might make available a full-resolution bitmap download of the world map. Bumped to 100 pixels per inch, that's 24 full page (7.5 x 10 inch) sheets...I just did one to test and it comes out to 2.4 MB per page...rar's down to 315 KB/page.

Unfortunately, the only way to turn the text white would be to invert the entire image. The town names and such are meshed with the map itself.

The one I work with as a reference when building is a rather large file (a 4500 x 3000 pixel, multi-layered, 50 MB Photoshop file).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map. Empty Re: Partially Used: Aenea Printable Map.

Post by Myd-Nyt Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:43 am

Since I were recently become a patron of the arts this here type stuff were really interesting ter me.

If ye wants ter... chop me off a chunk o' high quality map area (png?) and send it ter me, I could take a stab at it and send ye the results ter see wut ye thinks.

Dwarves ain't afraid of hard work an' were good craftsmen... it's just that me pdf copy o' the map weren't a good basis ter work off or I woulda send ye some stuff ter look at already.

That way ye could keep workin on that play yer writin...

Whadda ya mean ye weren't writin a play...

Yer always talkin about script changes...

Up Yer Tankard!
Myd-Nyt
Myd-Nyt

Number of posts : 82
Main Character : Grog Ale-Quaffer
Time Zone : GMT (-5:00 hrs)
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down