Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed]

+3
RustyDios
MannyJabrielle
The Amethyst Dragon
7 posters

Go down

Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed] Empty Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi, all.

My brain has been kind of fried lately (probably due to four rather demanding wyrmlings all stuck in the same small house lair with 99+ degree temps outside and no school). And with only four days to go before Aenea hits its next anniversary for being online (5 years!)...I'm stumped as to what to do to celebrate in-game. Suspect

So, what are some suggestions you guys and gals might have? I'm thinking about in-game events, special items, etc. that can go on for a week of real time (starting on the 16th and going to the 22nd or 23rd).

Last edited by The Amethyst Dragon on Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed] Empty Re: Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed]

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:45 pm

Something with Lysis and her 5 pointed star symbol fun adventuring patron deity self.

Beyond that at the moment... brainfried, can't think any more clearly Razz
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed] Empty Re: Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed]

Post by RustyDios Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:13 pm

Wow.. Aenea hits 5years .. ... ... and that means I've been playing for approx three whole years .... .... ....

I really liked last years festival ... the special items were sweet .. (up until ascension not long ago, Val still wore the special robe!.. Jay still has several of those items ~ hell he still has a three phoenix crossbow.. pack rat..) ...

Of items.. how about some items with 3spell sequencers/unlimited day ... or some of that "banned stuff".. could be done similar to the timeplayed chests.. ie one super-special item per character .... .... ...

How about a simple "book" detailing the last 5years of game development..

How about "orcs,demons etc" wandering around the villages and happily stating "Happy Truce Holiday.. 5days freedom for 50years of hell".. ((could be done with a new neutral faction, or some common folk scripted to look different)) ...

How about a free 50k token or 5levels/5k xp for ech pc that logs in ... ..

Up the loot rate across the world of those uber-rare drops to like 50% for the week .... ... maybe even dish out some +5tomes ~ possibly by merchant ....

FILL the leaf-market with every type of shop you can think of (from across Aenea)) ... so it has Dwarven Armour smiths, Elven Fletcher's, Illithid artisans... you name it, it'll be in the leaf market for the festival of the stars .. ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

My first event! HUZZAH! Missed the others due to conflicts; hope to see this one!

For events, I would like to see another thematic story unfold like the Orc invasion a few yrs ago; events for lowbies and Epic PC's to be done seperately.

For rewards to help avoid looting, maybe some PC tailored items for those hard to find objects, more books of Attributes and Languages tailored to the PC, bonus Reward Vouchers for those wanting to add to extant items, or maybe even a reward of a specific bonus that has restricted use for DM only (eg; Immune to Knockdown, Imp Evasion, etc) within DM reasons. While perm Haste would still only be used by a Cleric of Gort, maybe something in a cloak, helm, etc.

And do not forget Father's Day!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. : Quick! Dragon in need of some suggestions! [event time has passed] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Maybe a scavenger hunt event?

Perhaps an NPC challenging the PCs to some hide-and-seek?

Maybe a crafting competition?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Eric of Atrophy Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Crap! I'm gonna miss it! Sad

personally, I always liked the festival setup, with vendors selling unique wares and whatnot ...
Eric of Atrophy
Eric of Atrophy
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 4112
Main Character : The Vault of Atrophy
NWN Username : atrophied_eric
DM Name : Dungeon Mistress Anaurra Lide
Time Zone : GMT - 10:00 EST (We have our own time zone!)
Registration date : 2008-06-06

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Eric_of_Atrophy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:03 am

I've sent in the following to the Vault for a little news announcement:

The World of Aenea: Celebrating 5 Years Online!

On June 16, 2006, the World of Aenea PW went online for anybody to log in and play.

In the last 5 years, over 1,800 people have logged in to try it out, and an awesome community of players has come together to help the game grow. Lots of custom content has grown out of development for Aenea, some of which has been publicly released here on the Vault (winning 17 Hall of Fame awards so far), and more is always on the way for players. Player suggestions and feedback get used all the time to add or improve the gameworld.

For this week-long celebration (running June 16 - June 22), several things will be added to the game:
- A traveling merchant will be set up in the Leaf Market (in the starting village), with limited edition objects for sale.
- Characters will be able to hunt down five mystical crystals (redeemable after the end of the week for various upgrades to their magical items).
- There will be a 50% increase in general XP gains for the week.
- Some new monsters will be showing up in some random encounters (geared toward different character levels).

If you want to join in, you are welcome to stop by (or return, if you haven't been here in a while).
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:34 am

Sounds fun! Hope to see that other merchant, too; the one that has the unique name that has evaded david lo these many yrs!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:56 pm

Working today on getting the changes for tomorrow into the module. Smile

A visiting merchant has been added to the module, along with the limited-time only items he sells.

Right now I'm adding the hidden magical crystals. If you find one or more of them, please wait until after the week-long event to turn them into a DM, so that the DMs don't get overwhelmed by upgrade requests throughout the entire week. There will be five different types, and each character will be able to find/redeem up to 1 of each type.

This evening I'll be adding some new critters/encounters and the XP increase code. I'll be restarting the game server with the changes tomorrow morning (Arizona time). Smile
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm

The Amethyst Dragon wrote:
Right now I'm adding the hidden magical crystals. If you find one or more of them, please wait until after the week-long event to turn them into a DM, so that the DMs don't get overwhelmed by upgrade requests throughout the entire week. There will be five different types, and each character will be able to find/redeem up to 1 of each type.

Aenea is quite large .. will we get any clues to the location of these crystals....
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Skywatcher Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Please some of those uber rare +5 manuals!

Rusty, I just happened to schedule some vacation Friday through Wednesday, and now we are not leaving till Sunday, so I will be online hunting a lot, give me a tell in game and we will cover twice the territory hunting crystals!

YEEHAW, looking forward to the weekend!
Skywatcher
Skywatcher
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Male Number of posts : 551
Main Character : Velvet Stormcaller
Other Character : Skywatcher Stormcaller
Other Character. : Lyann Twiceborn
NWN Username : Skywatcher
Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:23 pm

I have a lot going on (including yet another new job starting) this and next week, in addition to having been given prescription strength pain-killers for the first time in my whole life due to the cut on my hand (from the sheet-metal shed I helped my buddy with), so I promise to make a point to log on during this period.... but I can't guarantee I will be on for long periods, or that I will be my usually-mostly-coherent self.

Apologies in advance if I seem out of it.

Huzzah for 5 years of Aenea!!! cheers
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:20 am

RustyDios wrote:Aenea is quite large .. will we get any clues to the location of these crystals....
As the week goes on I may post some clues. I will tell you this right now...there are more than 10 possible locations for the crystals, you don't have to be in "search mode" (it's not a search check, you just have to get into a trigger), and even if more than one person finds such a location, they may not find the same type of crystal as another treasure hunter. Smile

Skywatcher wrote:Please some of those uber rare +5 manuals!
It's possible that there will be some of those floating around during the next week. Smile

daveyeisley wrote:...prescription strength pain-killers...
Huzzah for pain-killers!
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:11 am

Q: Is there any kind of schedule for which days are best for certain lvls, or is it all good every day for every PC?

I may have to miss some of Sat & Sun due to Father's Day interactions, and need to plan accordingly.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:54 am

All days should be good for all levels. No specific events planned for particular days.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:36 am

I like the new equipment Smile

One thought though, looks like most of it is going to be prohibitively expensive for lower level PCs.

daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:42 am

Would it be OK to post crystal funtions and known locations?

After two days, I have only located three locations, and only one of these may be found by lowbies. And while all five of the functions are powerful and helpful, some thought should be placed as Ascending characters may lose all of them if not placed on the right piece of equipment.

Thanks again!
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Elhanan wrote:Would it be OK to post crystal funtions and known locations?

After two days, I have only located three locations, and only one of these may be found by lowbies. And while all five of the functions are powerful and helpful, some thought should be placed as Ascending characters may lose all of them if not placed on the right piece of equipment.

Thanks again!
I'll start a new, related thread.

As far as posting crystal functions and known locations, I'd say yes on functions, and no on locations. What good is a treasure "hunt" if you aren't searching?

Edit: Link added.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down