Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40]

+6
Angel of Death
Drgnwlkr
evilkittenofdoom
RayvenNightkind
Elhanan
The Amethyst Dragon
10 posters

Go down

Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40] Empty Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40]

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:39 pm

DM'd Adventure: Stealing from the Dark
PC Levels: 10th - 40th
Date/Time: To Be Decided

The heroes have discovered a way to mystically pull a giant glowing ruby pillar from the Dark Realm into the bright desert of Calithia. They found the first of six mystical "keys" that will accomplish this.

The goal? Find the other five "keys", bring them to the same place, use them to call the mystical pillar to that place, all in order to make the half-demon vampiric sorcerer Veleron vulnerable.

And the plan is to get Veleron to show up for a (possibly final) showdown.

This will be a longer adventure (I intend to set aside up to 4 hours, to account for starting and stragglers), so I'd like to see what days of the week and time slots work best for the most people. I'm not setting a specific date yet, I'm just working on the planning. And yes, I am waiting for Aenea's probably most dedicated player (daveyeisley) to get his PC back to working order.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40] Empty Re: Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40]

Post by Elhanan Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm

I had thought about daves plight, and was thinking if alternative PC's could be utilized in other lesser evnts related to this one until he is able to return?

For example, a group of adventurers go out to somewhere as a diversion for the main force, allowing them to approach Veleron with a little less notice. This would work a bit like RoTK when the armies were diverted towards part of the Fellowship allowing Sam and Frodo a lttle more breathing room behind enemy lines.

These lesser quests could be done prior to the main mission with any character not in the final event. And would give something for major PC's to do for the weeks between now and then.

Viable?
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
. : Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40] Forum_donor
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40] Empty Re: Date/Time TBD: Stealing From the Dark [level 10-40]

Post by RayvenNightkind Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:37 pm

I'm pretty flexible as far as dates and times go so far. And I agree that it's only fair to give time for ol Crideas to get his shakras in tune so he may join in the hunt Wink
RayvenNightkind
RayvenNightkind
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1119
Main Character : Sir Rayvensclaw Nightkind Leader of the Clan of Night
Paladin/Champion of Dalix/Wizard
NWN Username : Rayven Nightkind
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:33 pm

Analo will be attending the (hopefully) final Showdown if she can. With Planar Turning this time!
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Drgnwlkr Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:48 pm

I, too, have the chance to play most any day and time. I do like Elhanan's thoughts on 'smaller' quests until Dave can get his issues fixed. I really enjoyed the other night and look forward to the next adventure =)
Drgnwlkr
Drgnwlkr
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Number of posts : 180
Main Character : Elladyr the Pathfinder
Other Character : Arauka'dae the Ghost
Other Character. : Adahi Ditlihi, Knight of Dalix
Other Character.. : Aradia the Warblade
Registration date : 2011-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:31 am

Elhanan wrote:I had thought about daves plight, and was thinking if alternative PC's could be utilized in other lesser evnts related to this one until he is able to return?

For example, a group of adventurers go out to somewhere as a diversion for the main force, allowing them to approach Veleron with a little less notice. This would work a bit like RoTK when the armies were diverted towards part of the Fellowship allowing Sam and Frodo a lttle more breathing room behind enemy lines.

These lesser quests could be done prior to the main mission with any character not in the final event. And would give something for major PC's to do for the weeks between now and then.

Viable?
Definitely viable. Thanks for the suggestion.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:27 am

I'm pretty flexible when it comes to times too; for the upcoming week, as long it's not Saturday, any other day are pretty open. Look forward to the next part! Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : CĂ©lestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by RustyDios Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:00 pm

This sounds awesome.... except for the TBD part..... Smile

With enough warning I can usually plan in any time... but I have to beg the wife basically to be able to dedicate some decent time to playing.... otherwise its all late-night, up late and as much time as I can spare ... (which normally works out rather well, as my late-night corresponds to most peoples early evening).... ....

I say though that we really need dave (and crideas) as a focal point for this tale. He excels in the leader role in and out of game. Mainly a sign of respect from players out of game and from the characters standpoint in game.

The many small sidequests part sounds good though, and these can still be of the impromptu DM event style... ...
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:06 pm

If I may say so, I agree about planning around Dave as a focal point for this tale. Crideas' RP, including his thread, and other characters talking about Crideas' obsessive quest, is actually the only way that I knew anything about Veleron. (Although I have the impression that Veleron is part of some major quest line, that I haven't gotten to yet?)

And so if I did get the opportunity to get either of my two characters into this game, they would naturally expect Crideas to be there front and center in this plot. Both of my characters do think very highly of Master Crideas, as do I of Dave. Wink I love you
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:29 pm

There are at least two books available IG that have some of the historical background; brushed up on these before the last event. These may often be found in the various library shelves around Aenea.

Then I asked The Amethyst Dragon for more details at the start so I was more certain as to the stakes involved; pun intended.

Then there was a confrontation a few years ago; probably in the Screenshot section, and was not part of that one myself.

Here:

https://aenea.aforumfree.com/t2450-the-master-of-the-former-talon?highlight=talon

https://aenea.aforumfree.com/t2460-the-return-of-talon?highlight=talon

https://aenea.aforumfree.com/t2451-the-night-talon-tried-to-rise?highlight=talon
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramana Jala Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:50 am

Elhanan wrote:These may often be found in the various library shelves around Aenea.
Except for some general info found in Calithia, much of the info I'd found before I'd RP'd as my magess Ranara finding in Master Crideas' library (but these particular histories you mention must have been up in his inaccessible Sharlo library). Including a few little bits that I construed from Dave's thread as being available via notes left in Crideas' study. Now Ranara is deep into delving into Mistress Grace's library.

Thanks a bunch, now my characters will certainly 'find' these tomes soon, then! study
Ramana Jala
Ramana Jala
Epic Level
Epic Level

Female Number of posts : 1050
Main Character : Ramana Domefarar -
Publicly a Ranger, privately an Opportunist.
Lay Follower of Jewel,
Sensate and practitioner of the Way of Pleasure.

Other Character : Ranara Duauth -
A being created by shadow and water, a wizard.
Is actually another persona of Ramana.

Other Character. : Dae, the panther,
companion to both Ramana and Ranara,
and the best real eye-witness to the
strange circumstance of those alternating personae.

Other Character.. : The Personae of Ramana Jala
NWN Username : Ramana Jala
Time Zone : US Eastern Time
Registration date : 2011-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Sat May 24, 2014 10:30 pm

It appears Veleron may be active again - seeking to extinguish the live of those who have access to and can understand the lore that holds the key to his downfall.

The lore of the crystals which are anchored to the Dark Realm, and preserve his invulnerability.

He has contracted a Grand Corrupter of Sorgath's Great Temple, hidden somewhere deep underground, to slay all the scholars and loremasters in order to cover the trail of knowledge regarding the means to pull the blood crystals across the Dimensional boundaries from the Dark Realm and break the ancient Blood Magic ritual cast on his bloodline so long ago.

Sorgath's agents must be stopped in ther murderous quest. Then we must find the lore that Veleron wishes to keep hidden.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by monsinyana Mon May 26, 2014 1:04 am

Archmage Bane,

I volunteer to seek out one of the abysmal crystal keys. I would be grateful if you could share any information about such an artifact. I am sorry we missed our chance to acquire one in Tradeholm.

Truthseeker Mina of Kalas
monsinyana
monsinyana
Prolific Scribe
Prolific Scribe

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down