Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Used: Arkons Chests

Go down

Used: Arkons Chests Empty Used: Arkons Chests

Post by RustyDios Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:37 am

As its obvious that leaving Arkons without sending your chest back to the ethereal plane causes problems (or why else would there be a large warning notice on exit) is it possible to also permanently block teleportation in/out of Arkons as well (as the chest can be forgotten about in a teleport out)... .. and maybe have it so that the chest "sending away" script gives ye a one use key to open the door of Arkons and get out... so you could only leave once the chest had been sent away... ...

... this of course throws the problem of how to leave if ye don't own a chest yet... but hey I'm just making suggestions not building/bugsolving... ... another one to think about...

... I suppose this would apply to chest's at home as well... ...

... and finally the conversational script needs minor modification as well .. if ye summon ye chest to your house it still states "Send chest back to ethereal plane (This must be done before leaving Arkons Storage)"... just seems odd because if ye are at home ye left Arkons some time ago.........lol
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Used: Arkons Chests Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down

Used: Arkons Chests Empty Re: Used: Arkons Chests

Post by RustyDios Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:41 am

Hmmn ... maybe ye could do a GetObject(ExitDoor), SetLocked (newkey) style thing on chest summon... ... and a GivePCItem(newkey) on sending away... ??
RustyDios
RustyDios
High Epic Level
High Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 2271
Main Character : Jay Braysin, The Wandering Shadow, Protector of Nektaria, Talon's Eternal Foe
Other Character : Shouri Braysin, The Shimmerstar's Moonlight Sorceress
Other Character. : Grace Fularras, Walking Library , Cleric of Mystara
Other Character.. : See my sig ... And here too ...
NWN Username : RustyDios
Time Zone : GMT (England, DST)
. : Used: Arkons Chests Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Back to top Go down