Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues

3 posters

Go down

Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues Empty Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues

Post by MannyJabrielle Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:36 pm

Found at least 2 doors which should be unlocked by the knock spell, but aren't.  Frosternicus' door, it's DC is something like 15, but cannot be unlocked by an epic sorc casting the knock spell.

Death water crypt near the wanderer's portal, DC 20, cannot be unlocked by the same epic sorc casting knock.

Both cases, my caster had to resort to unlocking the doors manually (had to wait until level up to invest skill points into the lock skill to get just 1 base open locks to open the doors).

Knock/disarm issues:  I'm finding issues with these.... knock will cast, and doors will still be locked.  I'll cast again, and THEN they'll become unlocked.  Really should not take two casts to do what one casting should do.

Same issue with find/disarm traps.  The spell fires off, the VFX appears on the traps, but they persist.  They will be disarmed on a second casting however.  Really shoudl not take two casts of this spell either to do what it's supposed to do on the first casting.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues Empty Re: Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:25 am

I'm going to need a refresher. Where is the door to reach Frosternicus?  It must be tagged as "plot", which could be protecting it from the spell.

I'll check on the needing two castings problem.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com

Back to top Go down

Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues Empty Re: Unknockable doors, and knock/disarm traps issues

Post by MannyJabrielle Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm

Icereach, east of the central glacier area.  Not sure of it's exact name, but it's definintely part of icereach's glacier set of areas.

I think I found what the problem was with knock not unlocking on the first cast.... it does, but it seems the actual unlocking is delayed almost a full round after the casting/vfx fire off.

Find&disarm traps maybe something similar?  I was in the dark realms gauntlet last night, and I stood in one area and fired off repeated castings.  All the traps would be "found" and show up, a couple would be disarmed and go away.  On the next cast, still standing in the same spot, a few more traps would be disarmed, on the next, a few more traps, ect.  Took me about 12 casts to disarm all the traps within range of the spell while standing near the door at the end of the gauntlet.

So.... is there a dice roll aspect to the spell?  It seemed like the traps to get disarmed first were ones that were lower disarm DCs, while the higher DC traps took several casts to finally nail down.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:58 pm

MannyJabrielle wrote:So.... is there a dice roll aspect to the spell?  It seemed like the traps to get disarmed first were ones that were lower disarm DCs, while the higher DC traps took several casts to finally nail down.

Yeah, the description says it's a d20 + caster level of the one who cast the spell...for Find and Disarm Traps.

Knock spell, I think, is similar.
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down