Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question.

3 posters

Go down

Question. Empty Question.

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:15 am

If my memory serves correct there was/is a way to bypass the stage where the game checks for authorization from the bioware server upon joining a internet game. I just can't remember what file you need to change to do that, so hoping one of the tech geniuses here can help... Smile
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Number of posts : 1132
Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Other Character : Angelique Nightstar; Arcane Archer.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)
NWN Username : I await You in the End
Time Zone : Central European Timezone
Registration date : 2010-12-11

Back to top Go down

Question. Empty Re: Question.

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:26 am

NWNCX can do it, but I believe it requires patching the nwmain.exe file, and if I recall, the NWNCX is not digitally signed, so most decent antivirus software will prevent the patching process.

If that happens, just temporarily unplug your network cable, or turn off wireless and then unload/exit the antivirus, then patch the file, then reboot and reconnect network.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Question. Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:01 pm

Hmmm. That's wierd because I am using a patched version of NWN with NWNCX and it doesn't do that. :V
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Main Character : Célestin Chevalier; Knight Champion of Dalix. Protector of the Innocent. Slayer of Evil.
Personal Quote: "The way of the bow is simplicity and beauty combined with power and discipline."
Other Character. : Bruce Li; Wanderer and Practitioner of the Dragon Paw Style. & Cherry; Starchild of Jewel n' Chancetaker of Lysis.
Other Character.. : Anna, Weaver of Illusions. - You can read about all of them following this link to their Biographies! =)

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:04 pm

It may be that your antivirus blocked the patch and did not notify you?

Thread which identifies the needed .dll file.

The patched exe must call this DLL, if it is not working, then either the exe isnt calling it, or, the system is missing the VC++ Redistributables required - linked in this post:

NWNCX info
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:21 pm

NWNCX doesn't necessarily need to patch the exe file.  It also has a launcher method of loading up.  The launcher is nice if you want to be able to start up nwn with xc, or start up normally.

With the bypassing the master server authorization, you'll also need to make sure you have the nwnxc_disablems.dll in your nwn directory. The dll is one of the optional features of the client extender, and I forget offhand if it's placed in the main nwn directory 'out of the box' or if you would need to copy it over from the client extender's optional dll's folder.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 pm

I have got all the necessary files (btw the only file which gave a false warning was the bridge one, which aren't necessary unless you're a techy). It might be the VC++ 2010 version, then, maybe...
I got a newer version on the laptop so didn't think about dling an older one...just tried to get it now, but apparently I can't install the older version because I already got a newer one. >_>
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:55 pm

I think virusman said something more recently about v27 adding the DLL and VC++ dependencies in the download, so you may need to read up on the instructions a bit more to see if there another step needed?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm not sure you're following what I said in my previous post. I tried to install that one but couldn't because I got a newer version of the software already installed.

This is the message I get when trying to install VC++ 2010:
Question. Untitl10

Edit: I don't recall having this issue on my previous computer so might be a Win 8.1 problem, I wouldn't know though. Neutral
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

I was following it, I was saying that the files installed by the redistributable package may already be available in the NWNCX archive download, so you wouldn't need to install them for Windows, but place then in your NWN directory so only NWNCX can access them.

I'm not sure of the specifics, though, so I recommended investigating that possibility.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:32 pm

I got the nwncx-0_2_8_cs version, which, as far as I know, is the newest one. I don't see any VC++ files in it though; just a link in the readme to download it off the microsoft page (which I did; tried to install it and got the above message)

Edit: A bit of googling searching indicate that Win 8.1 isn't compatible with the 2010 version :/

*Goes back to google to see if there's a workaround somewhere*
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:41 pm

Sorry for being unclear - you may have already figured out what I meant - but the VC++ files would be .dlls, so if you see any in the NWNCX folder (other than the bridge one) those might be what you need...

Alternatively, you may be able to set the launcher or the patched executable nwnmain to run in Win 7 mode?
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Angel of Death Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 pm

daveyeisley wrote:Sorry for being unclear - you may have already figured out what I meant - but the VC++ files would be .dlls, so if you see any in the NWNCX folder (other than the bridge one) those might be what you need...

Oh, those files. I already said I had those in my nwn folder ^^;

All the ones described as needed in the readme:
Code:
NWNCX.dll
nwncx_connect.dll
nwncx_dmtest.dll
nwncx_disablems.dll
nwncx_serverlist.dll
nwncx_tweaks.dll

(While I am busy asking questions: The readme instructions mentions a camera tweak - camera.pat - but I don't see any in the patch folder; not even from a fresh download of nwnx downloaded while AV program was temporarily disabled to avoid false positives)
Angel of Death
Angel of Death
Epic Level
Epic Level

Back to top Go down

Post by daveyeisley Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Check out this thread- there's a lot of info (not all on first page of posts, you may need to spend some time reading)
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down