Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shrink Module a Little

2 posters

Go down

Shrink Module a Little Empty Not Used: Shrink Module a Little

Post by Enterprise2001 Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:37 am

I noticed that there are two ways items are updated/swapped in the module: Some NPC I can't remember the name of in the Sleeping Dragon Inn, and a script that is triggered when a character enters said inn.

Now, I've never done more than dabbled in NWN modding, so I may be totally wrong, but it occurred to me that if whatever items the NPC was there to swap out were added to the script that fires when a character enters the inn, the NPC could be removed. That'd free up several objects, right? NPC, conversations, one or several scripts, etc.

The automatically firing script seems to me the better option anyway, that way no character can walk around with the Item of Accidental Uberness indefinitely. I personally walked around with a Ring of Jumping that someone gave me for several days that he swapped out after talking to him. I initially talked to him because of another item that I got I thought might of been updated, I had no idea the Ring of Jumping had been updated...

So, anyway, my two coppers... Smile
Enterprise2001
Enterprise2001
Seasoned Explorer
Seasoned Explorer

Male Number of posts : 187
Main Character : Liam Hillbender, pure epic druid
Time Zone : Eastern USA (GMT -05:00)
Registration date : 2008-12-21

Back to top Go down

Shrink Module a Little Empty Re: Shrink Module a Little

Post by daveyeisley Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:40 am

We discussed this idea in relation to another threrad, and I agree it would be good to keep module resources down.... i can't remember right now off the top of my head why, but there was an idea that Manny brought up I believe as to why the NPC was a better option at times...... curse my senile old mind!
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Shrink Module a Little Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down