Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use

3 posters

Go down

Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use Empty Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use

Post by Anthroplayer Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:03 am

I downloaded the override version of something on the NeverwinterVault to use in my single player campaigns and modules.

The override can be used in portion and not entirely together, and it relies both on 2das and a few other files to work.

So to say, here are the things I use when I play:

StuddedLeather/Hide armor does 15% arcane spell failure rather than 20 (this makes it between leather and chain shirt, which it should be)
all Players and NPCs start with knockdown, disarm, TWF (normally D&D rules say you only need to take a feat to gain improved version)
half-elves gain silverpalm and artist feats for free (this is to take into account the racial bonuses they normally get skill bonuses)
rebuke/turn as well as temporary turn/rebuke effects (instead of permanent fear or command)
palemaster ability summons are additional companions rather than just regular summons
epic spell mummy dust only does its special if spellcaster is evil, good aligned spellcaster make no save in regards to greater ruin
wizs/sorcs gain protection from knockdown during stoneskin, premonition, and epic warding
skill saving is disabled as well as class skills such as animal empathy, perform, and use magic device are limited by class level that uses that skill rather than by class level level in totals (so a 1rogue/1fighter can't have 5 ranks in use magic device)
haste affects whole party and does not improve spellcasting speed
assassin get the assassinate version of sneak attacking rather than the blackguard's sneak attack
paladin cannot multiclass into classes outside of those allowed by his deity and/or his order
monk cannot multiclass into classes outside of those allowed by his deity and/or his order
certain low-level spells can be used for sneak attacking in regards to arcane spells
monks do not get wisdom bonus to AC when polymorphed via a spell or shapechange ability

I noticed we have a select few of these things partially applied, so this is what they are:
rebuke has been added, however effects do not behave in the manner of 3.5
haste effects whole party
paladin multiclass restriction

I noticed the following is not applied:
everything else

I noticed that the override I'm using was designed for patch 1.68, and while it functions as normal for 1.69 games, were it to be used with a module or PW that heavily used hakpacks it would cause innumerable glitches and bugs

Finally, I'll email the things that I'm using to Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use 787378 if he asks in a nice little rar file. This way there will be less redundant extras as well as the other things that the override consists of which I am not using.
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use Empty Re: Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use

Post by Svair Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm

It seems that a number of these changes were not taken from 3.0/3.5 rules. I'm not saying that that is all bad (or all good) though.

RTFs of the SRDs can be found here.
Svair
Svair
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1178
Main Character : Karamip Ningle
Other Character : Phyllick Delucian
NWN Username : S'Vair
. : Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use Empty Re: Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use

Post by daveyeisley Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:23 pm

I dont mind any of that stuff with two exceptions:

The skill limitation on things like UMD.

In 3.5 there are no class specific skills, any class can gain any skill, some are just cross class. Even if there were class specific skills, however, a rogue 1/fighter 1 could have 5 ranks in UMD. When he gains the rogue level, he gains access to the skill, and it is a class skill, making his max ranks equal to his level +3, so he could indeed get 5 ranks.

They even updates the 3.0 rules regarding this... I linked the SRD in another thread about the same topic.

The only other thing that I wouldnt be keen on is the haste not giving a second spellcasting action. If metamagic worked properly, and sorcerors couldnt get quickened spell, and had to take a full round to cast any metamagic spell, that would be one thing..... especially if there were also metamagic rods available. With those tow things missing, i think haste needs to work the way it does now.... if we change it, those two things should be adressed.

Everything else, doesnt really bother me...
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: 3.5 ruleset things we could use Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down