Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish the forum had the following...

2 posters

Go down

I wish the forum had the following... Empty I wish the forum had the following...

Post by Anthroplayer Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:45 pm

There are forums that have really cool stuff for their PWs.

One of the PWs I would go to a long time ago was in beta. It still is in beta after all these years.
Anyways the forum had many features I wish this one did.

I noticed I don't have anyplace on the internet where I can upload piks from Aenea.
My site I upload artwork too only accepts artwork, all of them. Myspace is obviously a no-no here too.
So my only guess is that maybe if people are given a certain limit of space for uploading pictures maybe this website could have its own upload screenshot feature. We could make it that players can upload no more than 1 or 2 megabytes of screenshots, and anything more would require players to upload their piks elsewhere and link them up to this website, which is what we do now, but not everyone is capable of doing it (like me at the moment).

I have several piks that I would just love to upload that would take up far less than a megabyte. Oh, if you upload things in GIF or JPEG format the files are very very small in bytes, which means you won't overload a server if you upload that stuff. Its only an idea. Maybe you can make it so that only people who donate a minimum of 5 dollars can access special forum features and stuff, which might be a good idea, but it would probably take me a while to get a paypal account (I don't have a real job and I gots no credit cards).
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

I wish the forum had the following... Empty Re: I wish the forum had the following...

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:07 am

This forum does have an image-hosting option on it actually. I never noticed it myself for the longest time. It works much like imageshack or photobucket. Click on the button, upload the picture, and it'll give back to you a set of links (thumbnail, the image itself, or the image's url on their server).

It's not able to keep a record of all the images you've uploaded in an album like some services, but I found it works very well Smile It's what I've been using to post my own screenshots for the last few months
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down