Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found out something cool. Need info from AD for use.

2 posters

Go down

Found out something cool. Need info from AD for use. Empty Found out something cool. Need info from AD for use.

Post by Anthroplayer Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am

Well, I like the bonus feats from 3.5 edition, as well as the limit for you needing tower shield proficiency to use tower shields, and not just ordinary shield proficiency. However, there are numerous servers who don't want to go thrue with adding a few overrides to let these things happen.

Then, I discovered something wondrous, but likely intimadating, and annoying, depending on the responsibility of the user.

If the player uses the overrides for 3.5 rules, you can still get the standard adventurer feats (twoweaponfighting and knockdown) plus towershieldproficiency for fighters and paladins, but not for other classes, and the feat dwarvenweaponproficiency, which lets all dwarves use dwarvenwaraxes if they have any of the 3 standard proficiencies. So... that means players can actually alter their character to use those feats on a whim, even if the server doesn't.

But this only works if 1- the server allows edited characters (such as those with unique races, feats, stat scores) and 2- you created the character while you were using the override. Personally, I think this should be allowed, but if its not, I'm thinking The Amethyst Dragon will start combing thrue peoples characters for 3.5 characters. I haven't used it yet for Aenea, but Aenea uses all the same statistics as the other server, so it should work. This also means The Amethyst Dragon shouldn't have to worry about me having done this to my characters yet.

Plz The Amethyst Dragon, I wanna make characters with more feats!
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Found out something cool. Need info from AD for use. Empty Re: Found out something cool. Need info from AD for use.

Post by The Amethyst Dragon Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:26 am

Such overrides may work in a single-player game, but they won't in a multi-player game like Aenea. You may be able to create a character with those feats, but unless the server also uses those same versions of the 2da files, the feats will have no effect.
The Amethyst Dragon
The Amethyst Dragon
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Creator of Aenea / Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 7840
Location : probably on the computer or wrangling his offspring
NWN Username : amethystdragon
DM Name : The Amethyst Dragon
Time Zone : GMT - 6:00 (Wisconsin)
Registration date : 2008-06-02

https://www.amethyst-dragon.com