Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule)

+3
daveyeisley
Ra Cha Chongo
Anthroplayer
7 posters

Go down

Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule) Empty Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule)

Post by Anthroplayer Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:55 am

So, I wonder, why is it my character had to fight 40 bandits above level 20?
Well, someone of extremely high level had apparently thought they could leave their encounter for someone else to clean up.
Honestly, my level 14 was wiped in less than 10 seconds. And I got to briefly see the bandit chieftan whirlwind attack when I died.

Simply put, there should be a new rule for players that are spawning high level encounters in regions low level players commonly pass by.
You spawn it, you clean it. And maybe we can enforce this rule? I notice most rules on Aenea get only minor enforcement, but waking up to lose 2000 exp and still be in exp debt and a loss of over 100k gold? Ugh, so lame... especially when my mother is forbidding us to warm up the house while its freezing in here (and it hailed last night, and its not even winter, WTF)?

And I rarely use the computer, so me playing in Aenea is non-existent, as my brother is finally home from the hospital but he has no desire to be around me and just wants to hang on the net... well, now I'm ranting, but when bad things happen to someone for no reason it ends with that stuff.

I should also apologize to Zantia for getting so angered about the spawn encounter, even though Zantia did not make it, Zantia wanted me to just deal with it and that kinda pissed me off... yeah, maybe I'm not ready to go online for awhile, gonna avoid Aenea for abit until both me and others are more socially exceptable.

(can we make a new rule give sympathy or be quiet, as being apathetic or uncaring to another's sufferring only makes them 10 times more unhappy, and likely 100 times more angry)
Anthroplayer
Anthroplayer
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 340
Main Character : Rick Sanneset
Other Character : Arion Bloodbane
Other Character. : Callis Fellfair
Other Character.. : Richard Deathbend
NWN Username : Anthroplayer
Registration date : 2008-07-22

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule) Empty Re: Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule)

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:32 am

Having come previously from a rules heavy, RP enforced server prior to Aenea, my favorite thing here has long been the freedom offered and general lack of rules (and if there is a particular rule, there usually seems to be a script to take care of it).

Perhaps a better solution would be that PCs past a certain level just don't spawn bandits (or whatever) in the first place? It does sort of make sense for a bandit chieftain to say "Y'know, that dude looks pretty tough, he might be out of our league; why don't we wait for some easier pickin's..."
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule) Empty Re: Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule)

Post by daveyeisley Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Ra Cha Chongo wrote:Having come previously from a rules heavy, RP enforced server prior to Aenea, my favorite thing here has long been the freedom offered and general lack of rules (and if there is a particular rule, there usually seems to be a script to take care of it).

Perhaps a better solution would be that PCs past a certain level just don't spawn bandits (or whatever) in the first place? It does sort of make sense for a bandit chieftain to say "Y'know, that dude looks pretty tough, he might be out of our league; why don't we wait for some easier pickin's..."

This.

100%.

High level PCs would not be bothered by low level monsters in almost any case in such "commonly" travelled areas.

Although, if your lowbie does run into such a spawn (its has happened to me, too).... there are ways to deal with it.... for instance, there is *no* shame in asking for help from a higher level character to clear the spawn for you.

Also, do not forget about invisibility. You can sneak past *any* enemies that spawn in lowbie travelled areas using this. None of them have true sight.

Its usually a very productive and stress-preventing measure to think very carefully about how to handle such a situation before making an overt complaint. No one enjoys listening to them, honestly.... even when they are 100% justified.... that doesnt mean nobody *cares*, however. You may find folks are more than willing to help, provided they arent busy at that moment.
daveyeisley
daveyeisley
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 6934
Location : Watching Aenea from my Inner Sanctum on the surface of Sharlo, Aenea's Silver Moon
Main Character : Dave's List of PCs
NWN Username : Dave Yeisley
DM Name : Dungeon Master Mythgar
Time Zone : GMT - 5:00
. : Not Used: Cleaning Spawn Encounters (new rule) Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:36 pm

If you are getting that much xp debt from one death then you must be atleast lvl 10 right? That's around when Bandit cheiftans spawn...Bank your gold...100k? That means you have like 1mil in gold you are carrying around...and you are complaining about being low level? Yea people should kill crap they spawn, but there is no way to enforce it. Buy some Zolaras gifts if you have that much money. You get 75% xp back and no gold is lost.
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Elhanan Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:18 am

Hmmm? I thought some Cleaner scripts were in play that would remove said spawns and dropped cheese sandwiches.

But forcing PC's to kill spawns rather defeats the purpose of strolling under Invis and Greater Sanctuary. I dislike this solution.

Avoiding spawns due to high lvl? Perhaps, but it would seem to make more sense if this was based on some kind of Reputation DC, making Epic Rep somewhat more valuable on this server.
Elhanan
Elhanan
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1781
Main Character : Aargyle McJagger
Other Character : Barnabas Bottlebottom
Other Character. : Aarn, Aerik McJagger
Other Character.. : Azar; Briar Ironwood
NWN Username : Elhanan the Ancient One
Time Zone : Central USA
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:38 am

Another problem would be, some spawns are created not directly on top of a player... One example I can think of is right outside of Macedone. The bandit chief/mages/clerics will spawn right by the gate, but some mages and archers spawn on the south just past the footbridge a bit out of the way. If we were to start penalizing PCs for not scouring each area to make sure no spawns are left, it would put a HUGE damper on the appeal of the server. Rule-heavy servers frankly suck big time.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra Cha Chongo Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:38 am

MannyJabrielle wrote: Rule-heavy servers frankly suck big time.

Word.
Ra Cha Chongo
Ra Cha Chongo
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Number of posts : 413
Main Character : Vizzini The Inconceivable
Other Character : Jinx
Other Character. : Whichever one I happen to be playing at the moment; I think it's mostly been Vinzer lately
Time Zone : EST (GMT - 5:00)
Registration date : 2009-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst347 Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:52 am

I got pretty much insta-killed by some bad ass bandits (a buncha mages and a cheiftan) yesterday too, by the bridge at the Mountainholm Crossroads. I was only level 5, so I definitely shouldn't have had that kind of spawn. Dying sucked, but it was mostly my fault for assuming they were just run-of-the-mill bandits and rushing in.

I agree that it's not very nice to leave a big group of epic baddies for someone else to haplessly stumble upon, but I'm also willing to give players the benefit of the doubt, and assume they didn't mean to. Sometimes you run into a group you can't handle (at least I do), and have to get the heck outta there. I don't see how we could really enforce a rule to make people clear all their spawns.
Amethyst347
Amethyst347
Pureblooded Aenean
Pureblooded Aenean

Female Number of posts : 413
Main Character : I kinda play them all in random bursts.
Other Character : Loneka Darkstar, S'szephyr, Wren Llewelyn, Zadie Grimfallow
NWN Username : amethyst347
Time Zone : GMT
Registration date : 2009-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Alundaio Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:48 am

I think he was Level 14 from what I've heard. So he's blaming nobody because he most likely spawned them himself at that Level. Almost everyone I know has been killed by Bandit Chieftans early on. They are tough. The problem is that someone is most likely heading to Macedone and spawns the bandits at that crossroads. It's really not a big problem to die at levels below 10. There should be no rule. I see no reason why Bandit's shouldn't still spawn for a Lvl 40. They drop some rare items that can't be found anywhere else. Everyone on this server is nice and caring. Most likely they'll drop what they are doing to Ressurect you or to join you in a group. You just have to shout.
Alundaio
Alundaio
Aenean Scholar
Aenean Scholar

Male Number of posts : 372
Main Character : Alundaio
Time Zone : GMT-04:00 (EST)
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by MannyJabrielle Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:23 am

Another problem to consider too is... if it were a rule... how would it be enforced?

I can say for certain I personally wouldn't sit around in DM mode policing who goes where and spawns what. And if I don't directly witness something happen, it's then a matter of one PC's word against the other.

And in that situation... if you can call up me or any other DM and say "So-and-so's leaving spawns all over the place", why can't you talk to the person directly and ask them politely to clear out the spawn? If you do and they tell you to go bjork yourself, then that's an issue, but that's generally not how players here behave.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down