Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just a quick question or two about re-levelling.

4 posters

Go down

Just a quick question or two about re-levelling. Empty Just a quick question or two about re-levelling.

Post by Darius Khan Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

At the moment, I've got 7 levels in the Soul Warrior prestige class. I intend to get that to 10, but the question I ask is (going by what is stated in the scales description) If I chose to re-level, Do those attained levels remain, and I'd only lose the 7 Fighter levels I've attained? If so, what about the requirements for the prestige class in the first place?

ie: I get to 10 Soul Warrior, having the 10 (?) concentration/medium armor proficiency, decide at that point to re-level, go back to 1 Fighter/10 Soul Warrior, effectively losing the concentration.

Do I have to put points back into concentration for the prestige class to work? Or am I rewarded with additional skill points that I can use somewhere else because I've hit 10 on the prestige class, therefore having no need to put any more levels into it? Is this allowed if that is the case?

The reason I ask is initially I screwed up the stats from the beginning. I wasn't originally going to go for levels in WM, but I decided later that I just might, meaning I'm going to have to pump my Int to 13 through stat increases from levels. I'm not sure if I'll be able to effectively 'fix' the stats that I had initially, but re-levelling at this point seems as good an idea as any. (That or tomes, but I've only ever come across a +2 con personally, and I think that boiled down to the luck of someone else not wanting said tome and selling it to a merchant)

Secondly, upon using the scales and re-levelling, does this affect tomes used in any way? As I stated above, I have +2 con from a tome. If I scaled, do I keep the +2 con, or do I have to find another tome?

I think that pretty much covers it for now Smile
Darius Khan
Darius Khan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 18
Main Character : Rolan Blake
NWN Username : Darius Khan
Time Zone : GMT + 12
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question or two about re-levelling. Empty Re: Just a quick question or two about re-levelling.

Post by MannyJabrielle Tue May 11, 2010 4:17 pm

When you use the scales, what happens is you're moved into the "relevel chamber", your XP is lowered down to 1, and then raised back up to what it was the moment you used the scales.

You do not keep any levels in classes taken after level 1.... so you wouldn't "keep" the soulfire and go down to fighter 1/sfw 10... you'd go back down to fighter 1 period, with however much XP you had, and you can then redo your levels from 2 on up to wherever you were.

You can take the SFW levels again, but you'll have to make sure to meet the requirements as you're redoing your levels.

Scales do not affect tomes you've used. If you used a +2 strength tome, that bonus is permenant... so if at level 1 your base strength was 15, and you've used a tome, when you use the scales, you'll find that your level 1 base strength will now be 17. This applies to the warhulk permenant strenght bonuses as well.

This all applies to reincarnating/ascending as well, except with those two, you go from 40th down to level 1, and only get back enough XP to get to level 4 again.... but the permenant stat bonuses stay with you, as does your initial level 1 class and skill investments.
MannyJabrielle
MannyJabrielle
Ludicrous Level
Ludicrous Level

. : Dungeon Master
Male Number of posts : 5927
Main Character : See the "A-Team" thread in the Biographies forum.
DM Name : Dungeon-Master Gaelen
Time Zone : GMT -5:00(EST)
Registration date : 2008-07-05

Back to top Go down

Just a quick question or two about re-levelling. Empty Re: Just a quick question or two about re-levelling.

Post by eeriegeek Tue May 11, 2010 4:27 pm

Darius, What Manny said, plus, I think what you are seeing on the level scales description is the word semi-class. That is a completely different thing (a scripted class) than the regular and prestige classes. Confusing for people new to Aenea. Manny alluded to it above regarding WarHulk which is a semiclass. So to try to be completely clear: You lose ALL full class levels, regular and prestige, including the Aenea custom ones. You do NOT lose the semi-class levels or benefits (but you probably haven't taken any yet (War Hulk, Master of Managerie, Dead Stalker, or Werewolf (not to be confused with the subrace Wolf-Blood)).
eeriegeek
eeriegeek
Worldly Guide
Worldly Guide

Number of posts : 244
Main Character : Amaerillie
Other Character : K'az T'anii
Other Character. : Xephod
Other Character.. : Eg'bo
NWN Username : eeriegeek
Time Zone : GMT-4
Registration date : 2009-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Darius Khan Tue May 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Thanks muchly for the timely response MannyJabrielle and eeriegeek, now I can actually go do it without fear of retribution... and without having to level to 10 of SFW too Smile

I don't know anything about reincarnating/ascending, as I've not played for long and am nowhere near 40, so I've not really read into it much at the moment.

The scales are a one time use, and are consumed after use I'm guessing? Meaning if I needed another, I'd need to ask an available DM for another set if I messed up?
Darius Khan
Darius Khan
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 18
Main Character : Rolan Blake
NWN Username : Darius Khan
Time Zone : GMT + 12
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by evilkittenofdoom Tue May 11, 2010 5:35 pm

You should get another set automatically at level 20 IIRC. Otherwise, yes, you'll need a DM to help you get a new set.

Note that obtaining a tome of Intellect +2 will give skill points that will start appearing as soon as you use it. However, if used before releveling, you'll get them starting at level 2.
evilkittenofdoom
evilkittenofdoom
Epic Level
Epic Level

Male Number of posts : 1217
Main Character : Aseph, the NOT old sorcerer
Other Character : Analo, professional Dracolich (and other undead) hunter
Other Character. : Sivoran, the PC Demilich
Other Character.. : Imyna, Drow Priestess of Sorgath
NWN Username : evilkittenofdoom
Time Zone : EST (GMT-5)
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down