Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Surface World Adventures of Bowen

Go down

The Surface World Adventures of Bowen Empty The Surface World Adventures of Bowen

Post by Bowen Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Day 1
------

The journey was long and uncomfortable. I have arrived in the town proper and I cannot help but long for the cleaner air of my home. I was raised in the depths by my mother, and it is there that I will always feel comfortable, surrounded by the embrace of Aquar and Harcorth.

I have lived my life as an outsider, and she, my mother, was always the only one that seemed to care for the feelings generated by my... stigma. A spawn of human and elf, my form is larger and stronger, though not as agile, as my peers. To them I am a defect, though they would never say so outright, so political my mother's world is.

It is by her words that I travelled to the surface, she believes that like the common coin of the surface dwellers, I have two sides which should be equal if I am to ever be happy.

I am Surface Dweller and I am Depth Spawn.
I am Human and I am Elf.

It did not take long to find work in the town, and after helping a farmer with his ant problem, I came across a disturbance in the local graveyard. Something had awoken the dead from their peace, and it seems that this was indeed something the town would like to be looked into.

I descended into the tombs, and after figuring out an infuriating puzzle involving statues, I was rewarded with a magical spear which bore the inscription "Impaler". Although not my weapon of choice, as a sea dweller I was well versed in proper thrust technique with the spear, though swinging without the resistance of water took some getting used to.

On my trip back to town to have the Impaler's elusive abilities identified, I ran into a man.. or, at least I think it was a man... named Jay. His form seemed to shimmer, and it was incredibly hard to get any decent look at his features. After some confusion regarding my heritage, he informed me that he had a suit of armor weighing him down which I might find useful. Although I feel I got the better end of it, he agreed to trade me in exchange for some potions blessed by Aquar.

It was through Impaler that I met a man named Bane; and with his help, and the help of a friend who worshipped Asis, we did find that there was indeed a central issue which woke the dead, and it was what is known as a Dracolich. Steel, arcane, and divine battered against the creature of bone, and after a long fought battle, it was revealed that without some magical something or other (Bane knows more about this) it would rise again... hence we decided to make our exit, expended, wounded, but victorious.

Last edited by Bowen on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Bowen
Bowen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 23
Main Character : Bowen Tyrval
Other Character : Krick Smith
NWN Username : Syas
Time Zone : GMT + 4:00
. : The Surface World Adventures of Bowen Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

The Surface World Adventures of Bowen Empty Re: The Surface World Adventures of Bowen

Post by Bowen Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:44 pm

Day 5
------

I have spent a few days hunting down the Surface Trolls. With the Double-Blade of the Depths which I have attained due to previous work against Scrags, they pose little threat. The last few days have been... interesting however. From Dracoliches to Orc Strongholds to Illithids and Giant Brains to Beholders, the Surface is full of dangers that I was ill-equipped to deal with.

One thing that I find.. odd is the Ogres of the surface. They are essentially small giants, and while that in and of itself is not concerning, what I am about to reveal to you may shock you.

Boots.

Apparently, the Ogres of the land corner the market on footwear. From simple Leather to incredibly Magical, if you need a set of boots, Ogres are the ones you need to talk to. It seems that every third one or so that I was forced to slay carried a new, interesting pair of boots that wouldn't fit an Ogre baby, much less a full grown one. No, these boots are made to fit a normal sized person, like myself. Which begs the question, why?

I intend to find out. The Ogres must be using a middle-man to sell this footwear, and I intend to find out who. They seem to always attack the Dwarf Blacksmith at the pumpkin stand, perhaps he knows something about this nefarious plot. I will have to ask him if I can catch him between Ogre raids...
Bowen
Bowen
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male Number of posts : 23
Main Character : Bowen Tyrval
Other Character : Krick Smith
NWN Username : Syas
Time Zone : GMT + 4:00
. : The Surface World Adventures of Bowen Forum_donor
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down